“Heat and Serve Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Thunder Bay, Ontario
“Heat and Serve Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Have eaten at the Habor Light only once, for dinner. Was a disappointing experience as the service was poor and the food was seemingly thawed and heated then served. I would not return, especially with so many excellent restaurants in Grand Marais.

Visited August 2012

50% Recommend
Minneapolis
“Food was bad. service was terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in Grand Marais for our anniversary and we were looking to go somewhere kind of nice and with good food. The atmosphere of the restaurant is kind of shoddy. It is very old decor and looks like it is stuck in the 1970's, but we thought maybe the food is great. I ordered the ribs and baked potato. My boyfriend ordered the BBQ chicken and hashbrowns. The ribs were okay, nothing great, the baked potato was cold. The chicken came without BBQ and so she just brought my boyfriend a side of it. If you order BBQ chicken the intent is to have it cooked with the chicken so that it kind of forms a glaze, dunking your grilled chicken in BBQ sauce is not ideal. I ordered wine and it had huge chunks of cork floating in it. We ended up picking this place because there was a wait at other restaurants, but trust me it would be better to wait somewhere else. Don't waste your time or money here. We visited in October 2009, maybe things have changed since then, but somehow I doubt it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hanalei, Hawaii
“Trying Hard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's a tough business in a seasonal town, but the food is good while not fancy, and the service and patrons are friendly.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis
“Decent older place for drinks and burgers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nothing fancy, but seemed clean and had decent food. They have a full bar, with drink specials quite often. There is better food around town, but this place is still an ok choice for something different.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly and attentive staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We ordered a pizza, and the owner who was serving us, accomodated a special request. She was very nice, freindly and attentive. Our thin crust pizza had a nice crust, veggies on it looked fresh.
This place looks like it took me in the 70s though, but many places in Grand Marais look that way!
Only negative thing I could say is that I felt lot of cigarette smoke in that location. I am not sure why that would be? May be the carpet, table cloths etc are old.

• Visited November 2012