“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Brigham City
blackfoot
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I will make this short and sweet-This place is DIRTY!! If you have stayed here and can honestly say your rooms were clean-then I would hate to see what your houses look like!!! Pool is not any better-GROSS! Only stay here if you have absolutely nowhere else to go!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I have stayed at this motel a few times while driving through Utah. Last Sunday morning I had major car trouble at 8 am. The manager gave me a room right away (the handicapped room was the only one available). I ended up staying 4 days. I found the service very good and the staff most helpful. The room was very clean. I will make it a point to stop on my next time through the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is an older hotel that still has old fashioned values.
It was very clean and comfortable, inside and out ; and the customer service was the best I’ve had in a very long time. If you’re going on vacation and looking for a resort, then this might not the place for you. But, if you’re traveling and need a safe, clean, comfortable place to rest up for the night, then by all means, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Marina del Rey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I am glad that this was a travel expense, otherwise my colleague and myself would have stayed at a different hotel. The room was maybe 12' by 9' with two queen beds. The bathroom was very small and old. There was a heat lamp in the bathroom, that looked like a huge spot light. The best thing about the room was that they had decent cable. We stayed in room 103 with is right at the entrance to the hotel, so with the room doors opening to the parking lot area, we heard all the traffic going in and out.

If you are a sound sleeper, and just need a cheap room for the night, you can stay there, but I wouldn't recommend it for more than a night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Brigham City hotels

St. George, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I never write reviews, but this place was so unbelievable that I have to do my part to save others from this motel. From check-in to check-out I kept expecting someone to pop out of somewhere and announce that we were on Candid Camera -- a hotel this bad could only be a set-up! Amazingly, it was very real. The staff was very polite, but incompetent -- long on excuses and short on solutions. The front desk clerk gave away our suite to someone else moments before we arrived. After a ridiculously long time and many clandestine conversations in the back room, he compensated us with an amazing deal on three separate rooms. Sadly, they were disappointing to say the least. One had a half-full liquor bottle on the TV, hair on the sheets, and used, wadded-up washcloths in the bathroom. Another had dried urine on the toilet and hair in the shower. The third was hot and too far down the hotel for us to use with our little kids. Since it was late, we decided to make the best of it. I went in search of the housekeeping staff and ended up changing the sheets and towels myself. We cleaned up the bathrooms as best we could and requested a full cleaning for all the rooms the next morning. We were assured that they would do it, so the next morning we left for a day at Willard Bay. Upon our arrival that night, nothing had changed. At breakfast, we were entertained by a steady stream of other unhappy guests, some bringing digital pictures of the horrible conditions in their rooms. Find a pillow and a park bench instead of staying here. You'll thank me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Benton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at Howard Johnson's for about two months and really enjoyed my stay.Even thoe i had a weekly rate i still recived dayly services.The owner and staff treated me like i was a true friend.It was very quite and safe.This would be my first choice in Brigham City to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Found the hotel in a coupon book and it initially seemed fine with lots of facilities. It was a brand name (Howard Johnson) and so thought would be. However the room and place was VERY shabby. e.g. first coffee machine was stained and never worked. When phoned and advised to reception first answer was coffee is in reception. When said I didn't want to walk outside they agreed to look for a replacement from another room. The next machine had broken parts but did at least work.

The room was shabby. The doors secondary lock had been removed. The swimming pool looked dirty and I couldn't use it.

The tax rate for the room ended up being 15% which I don't think is right, went from advertised 52 dollars plus tax to costing 60.

This is not a hotel I could recommend at all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Brigham City? Share your experiences!