“only for short stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   751 South Navajo Drive, Page, AZ 86040 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Page-Lake Powell)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Page
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
“only for short stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Page-Lake Powell is a normal hotel: clean, friendly staff, good service. Unfortunately we had a room near the elevator...that's why our nights were a bit noisy. The rooms are frumpy in my opinion - but that's a question of taste. In my opinion it's a good hotel just for a few nights, but for a longer stay in page I personally would prefer another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear AnjaLuisa,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the compliments on our friendly staff and clean hotel. However, I regret that your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the room accommodations and noise levels experienced. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and we are grateful that you brought this matter into our attention. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your comments and to better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed in Page for a night at this hotel with my wife. It was during the low season so the hotel was very quiet. The room was spacious and clean and it's a decent stopover. Staff was friendly and helpful. However the hotel itself looks quite dated and the complimentary breakfast needs some improvement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I stay in page Arizona fairly often and have tried this hotel for the first time and was pleased with the rooms and breakfast. Although it could stand a little rehabbing I found this place very acceptable.

• Stayed January 2013
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the most soulless place I stayed during my tour of the West coast, and sadly it was also the place I woke up on Christmas Day! Depressing!

It's perfectly fine for a stopover, though pretty dark with just lamps and no main light in the rooms. The breakfast was rubbish - the juice machine wasn't working so there was nothing to drink and there wasn't much of a selection, plus the dining area was just a few tables off the main hallway.

All our rooms had inter-connecting doors so you could hear the neighbours through them, and people were loud in the corridors until the early morning.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear TravellingEmm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked a one-bedroom suite with two queen beds for four of us at Holiday Inn Express in Page, Arizona. When I checked in, as a Priority Club platinum member, I inquired for the possibility of a complimentary upgrade to a two-bedroom suite. The receptionist told me that all other suites were booked, but she could give me another separate regular room. After confirming with her that the second room was complimentary, I gladly accepted the offer. However, when I checked out the second morning, I was presented with a piece of paper for my signature, which showed that I would have to pay for the second room for $80. I was really surprised because I was sure the second room was offered free of charge. I would certainly not have taken the second room if it had not been for free because the original one-bedroom suite that I booked could adequately accommodate us four. Of course I refused to sign the paper and the manager was called in to solve the dispute. Instead of working out the issue with me directly, she called in the receptionist on duty the previous night, said either me or the receptionist would have to pay for the room, and let the two of us confront with each other in the lobby. Obviously not wanting to pay for the room, the receptionist denied that the second room was complimentary and accused me of lying. The manager also talked to a friend of mine who was with me at the check-in, who confirmed that my statements were true. Despite that, the manager told me that since she “couldn’t tell who was telling the truth”, she “had no choice but to trust her employee, the receptionist”. That was just shy of directly calling me a liar and I felt very much insulted by that. With no hope of solving the issue with hotel staff members on site, I refused to sign the paper and left.

Beside this billing issue, this Holiday Inn Express is in much worse shape than the many other HIE I have stayed in. The carpets in the room and in the hallway have lots of stains; there are cracks in the bathtub; the walls are paper thin and we could hear our neighbor snore; the internet is very slow. In retrospect, I shouldn’t be surprised about these issues because based on my experience, this hotel only cares about your money, not you as a guest! I would never imagine that any hotel management would actually encourage a confrontation between a guest and a hotel employee by placing the room charge at stake. I would also never imagine that any hotel management would tell a guest to his face that he can’t be trusted even when he has witness to back up his accounts. I will NEVER come back to this hotel, and I will definitely NOT recommend it to anyone. Page is a great place to visit, but your money is better spent if you stay in other hotels in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Kevin Z,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My first reaction when entering this hotel and esp the hallways to my room ... "This is an old nursing home (assisted living facility)." My friend thought maybe a hospital. I thought this was strange so I looked at what other people had written and someone else thought the exact same thing. The hotel is not in good shape. The walls in our room were badly damaged. The sink is in the room itself (as it would be in a hospital room), and the place has a funky smell to it. The bed was OK (-- certainly not like the Best Western where someone reported bed bugs). I choose this because I did not want to spent $175 at the newer hotels in Page. This was around $75 per night. I wish I had spent the $175 and you will as well. Typical Holiday Inn "bad-for-you" breakfast -- which I skipped. I give this a rating of two only because the staff was very helpful when I needed help. Do yourself a favor -- do not stay here. In fact do not stay in Page AZ at all. This was a place I wish I had never come to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Kobuck1369,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased you found the staff helpful. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that all your comments will be looked into. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Queen Creek AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stay at the Holiday Inns often. I was so surprised at how nice this room was and I would definitely stay here again. The people were friendly when I checked in, the room was quiet and the bathtub acceptable. We had a king bed on the corner, lower floor.

Once thing was the breakfast was not kept up and the Holiday Inn was hot through out the hotel and it was uncomfortable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!