“Not a BW - Plus property” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Page
Edmonton, Canada
“Not a BW - Plus property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I requested the internet special and that is what I got. A tired room with 2 queen-size beds and a bad view. I guess you get what you pay for. However, as a platinum member requesting a room on a slow night, I thought I might be rewarded with a room upgrade or a free bottle of water. That was not the case. In fact, my arrival host was less than friendly and welcoming and her tone and demanor was more like: "I have done this before but I think I can check this one in faster tonight." She seemed to care less about me or the hotel. I was simply an inconvenience. This in light of the fact that I was the only person at the counter.

This is the second time I have stayed in this property in less than a year but it will likely be my last. This venue strikes me as property that has location so it doesn't need to sell service, quality and/or value. People will come by the bus load to see Lake Powell and the Grand Caynon.

On a plus side the breakfast was good and the space available for eating was more than adaquate this time as the property seemed empty. This is not what I have come to expect from BW.

Room Tip: I am not sure how one accomplishes this as I have stayed here twice and both times the room had no v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS at Lake Powell, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We have reviewed your comments with our front desk staff. We hope you will come back to see the difference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Are we at a Hilton? Hyatt? You'd think so. Very impressive hotel. We most always stay at Great Western hotels as they are independently owned. Very clean and service was good.
Great breakfast, eggs, bacon and waffles. Large comfy rooms. Good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night this month, didn't have a booking but got the room types we wanted and breakfast included. Nothing remarkable but no problems either. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again in a similar situation.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Irvine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's a decent hotel that barely reach Best Western standard that I generally perceive. We got an internet special rate and that the plus and the hotel is relatively clean but the breakfast room is too small and the breakfast is ... not very good. The worst part (to us) is that there is no micro wave in the room and a call to the front desk solve that problem but that also mean they have to
open their kitchen equipment room so that we can use the micro wave locked up in there. You would think if there isn't any micro wave in the room then at the minimum they should have an open room with a micro wave there for guests to use. All in all it's an acceptable hotel for the one night we stay at $50 speciall rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS at Lake Powell, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do offer in room microwaves in our upgraded rooms at a nominal upgrade charge. Please let front desk know of your needs and they will do their best to match our various room types for you. However, as you mentioned, we offer a public microwave oven for those guests staying in our starter rooms.
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel prompted me to write my first complaint ever because I wanted people to not suffer the way I did. I stayed in room 202 mid to late November of 2012 for 3 nights and had over 25 bites. These bites were innocuous at first but they swelled with welts a few days later, and they continue to itch as hell even a week later. According to my research the welts and itch will not go away until several weeks later. It was only after a week of silent suffering did I google BEST WESTERN PAGE ARIZONA BUG BITES to discover that this hotel is infested with BED BUGS! I'm mad at myself for not storming down to the front office to demand a refund and stay elsewhere after the first night there, but mostly I am now mad that the hotel never returned my call when I made a complaint over a day ago. They were unconcerned and non-surprised, and think they can get away with it. Please steer clear to save you and your family major pain and suffering. I would give it a zero star if I could.

Room Tip: Any room without bed bugs is a GREAT room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We take all reports of pest control very seriously. We do not have record of your report, but we have checked 202 to confirm to be safe, and we have found nothing. We believe you have our hotel confused with another hotel during your travels.
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We got here with the annual balloon festival so pretty much every hotel was full. This hotel still had a standard room with 2 beds available. Once that we arrived in the room it turned out to be a suite with a separate seating area, a mini kitchen, bathroom and separate sleeping area! And this all at a very decent price. A really nice surprice.
The reception are is very large, with a seating area and also the dining area is located here. Breakfast is inlcuded in the price and you get a wide variety: cornflakes, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, waffles, ... Be aware that if a tourbus has landed you will have hard time finding a spot early in the morning.
The room was very spacious with a large seating area with 2 large flatscreen tv's, one in the seating area and one in the bedroom. A small kitchenette is available with a microwave, fridge, coffee making facilities and a sink. The shower and toilet room could have been a little bigger.
There is also a pool available (season) and vending machines at each floor.
Downside of the room is that it isn't very sound proof. We could hear every step of the people in the room above plus every time they used the toilet or shower. Also a lot of noice of the street
and the hallway.
Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS at Lake Powell? Share your experiences!