“OK food, good ambiance” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Berkshire, England
“OK food, good ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We "stumbled" across Ken's Steakhouse, looked rundown from the outside but we gave it a go as there seemed to be a shortage of decent restaurants in Page. It was early, about 6:30pm so not many diners. My wife and I ordered pork ribs which were OK. The ambiance was good and probably very lively when the live band started later in the evening but as we had an 8 hour jet lag kicking in we gave it a miss

Visited September 2013

Redington Beach, Florida
“OK Food, Great People and Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

So Ken's Old West doesn't have the best food I've ever eaten. And it is kind of dark, but it's the happening place in Page on a Saturday night or Monday holiday Sunday night as was our case.

I had the Beef Ribs I was remembering from eating at other restaurants years ago as being moist and tender because they are from the area of the cow used to make prime rib. Unfortunately mine were overcooked and dry and doused in BBQ sauce I should have expected and didn't want. But the salad bar was decent and the baked potato nice. Mom had pork chops she loved.

The highlight, though, was the entertainment that starts at about 8-ish. We moved into the back where there was a small bar and lots of tables. Had we known, we would have taken a dinner table back there. But the local band that played a sort of country-rock-reggae was fun and I don't know if listening and signing with them or watching all the locals get up and dance was better.

I don't know if I'd go back if it was a night without live entertainment. But the service was good and friendly, so if a band was playing - I'd return. I'd probably order something different and ask the to hold the sauce. We did have fun.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Just about as bad as a restaurant can be.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Terrible food, average service from the one person in the whole restaurant that was smiling, and the staff was smoking right outside the front door. The decor was a run down 1980's feeble attempt at western color... Filthy, dusty, and smelly is what it is now. We should have walked out and gone elsewhere. We were starving so we stayed. I won't repeat that mistake again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, CO
“Skip this one”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Slow service, old food. The joint was full of tour groups surely because they are a captive group and didn't have a choice. The food was simply bad, and waiting for a table in an empty restaurant never feels good.

Visited September 2013
Pleasanton, California
“Don't Waste Your Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If the apathy of the staff doesn't ruin your appetite, then the food they serve you will. Went to this restaurant looking for a little flavor of the southwest but ended up walking out after receiving some of the worst service in memory. where's the love, Kens?

Visited July 2013