“Go to IHOP!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Go to IHOP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

2nd time at the lufkin texas location and both times the food was sloppy and service sucked. I understand that the business is fairly new but this visit was terrible. They don't know how to cool fried eggs nor hash browns

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

33% Recommend
Cabool, Missouri
“Good Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our second time at this Denny's, and our food was excellent as was the service. The Restaurant is a little hard to locate, as it is not in the town, but out near the Dam.

Visited June 2013
Altoona, Pa
“FedUp with this food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have visited Denny's all over east coast many times. Lately in this one area (Altoona, Pa.) I have found food & service to be appalling. Once I had ordered a simple cheese burger, fries & coffee. Cheese burger came burnt black, hard & even crunchy. Left without eating. Another time I went there alone in the morning. Wanted simple breakfast, beacon, eggs, home fries, ham, eggs, potatoes, or maybe steak, eggs. & potaoes and coffee. Was told there was nothing like that offered on the menue. Again I was forced to leave with coffee only.The last time I asked about CHILI ... I was told their chili comes frozen & would need to be thawed or unfrozen... huh? I then asked about a simple cheese burger & how it could be cooked. Was told all hamburgers are cooked "Well Done". I ordered what they called "Philly Melt" ( being from Philly, my expectations were way way over the top for this place). I was served a rectangle shaped bun with square corners, some what smaller than a dollar bill. The meat inside was smaller irregular chunks of meat, largest being approx size of a human thumb. The edges & corner of this meat was again burnt black. There was some other smaller pieces of burnt black materials, I asumed were the grilled onions & mushrooms that were supposed to be on the sandwich & also some half melted cheese. They had cut this thing in half & I attempted to pick it up to take a bite. Well the GREASE on the little, now square, bun oozed thru the bun on to my fingers & hand. I then noticed the same grease had already ran out & on to the plate. A gray / black colored. By now I had already taken a bite ... This little thing was totally uneatable. My friend accross the table was now grosing out till I pointed out the miniture sandwich she had been served as a "Meatball Hoagie". Well let leave that story for another time as I will not be going back for any other experiences. Now, if you have not gathered, what I have just told you is all due to bad service and or bad preperation. Which leads me to wonder about their hiring practices or how they treat good personal if they did get some? Employees are like any thing else ... "You Get What You Pay For" .... "Some Times"

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“Don't go here if you're in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our food was good but the kitchen was very slow. We were told there was a party of 12 seated before us in the other dining room. When another family in our group arrived after we left, they also had slow service, but this time due to a health inspector or inspector of some sort from the company supposedly being there. Anohter family in our group complained of poor food and service the night before. The location was convenient so we tried it. Our waitress was friendly and helpful and the food was good, we just had to wait quite a while to get it.

Visited June 2013
Metairie, LA
“The average Denny's fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We ate breakfast here on the way out of town - convenient and adequate meal. Nice service. It is in Page so a quick trip from the Lake Powell Park and Resort if you choose to eat someplace besides the resort.

Visited May 2013

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Denny's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.