“The worst treatment that I've ever received in my life in a hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Page

You added Motel 6 Page to your Saves list
Motel 6 Page
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   637 South Lake Powell Blvd, US Route 89 at South Lake, Page, AZ 86040   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Page
“The worst treatment that I've ever received in my life in a hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The worst treatment that I've ever received in my life in a hotel by the girl at the front desk in the evening of august the 18th.
I got scared of stay in this hotel for the way she talked to me when i told her that there was a strong noise in my room because of the air conditiined was broken and i couldnt sleep. She said to me that I was laying and that she was sure that my room was a mess.... And that I sould to clean my room if i wanted to change to another with out noise!!!! I have no more words to describe this situation.... Please do not stay in this hotel, chose another in page.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Page, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear ORDIZ - We sincerely apologize for the service you received from our front desk staff. The level of service you received is certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

we stayed at the motel 6 for two nights while on a road trip the hotel was not the best we have stayed in but was clean enough for the time we needed it for The staff were very pleasant and always happy and willing to help in any way they could would stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: If your looking for a good hike try the page rim trail its about 12 miles long and nice and flat wit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

That's how much Wi-Fi will cost you per day, which I guess could be worse, but in Page, Arizona? I'll admit that Motel 6 was not my first choice of a place for our three-night stay, but it was the only place we could find that wasn't going to cost us our first-born, especially since there won't be one. So, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly:

The good: we weren't charged extra when we asked for a room with two beds and said we'd be adding a third person, all at kind of the last minute; the room was clean; the shower had a good-sized tub; the pool looked really nice, although we didn't use it; the staff was nice.

The bad: the bath towels were those little rough cotton things the size of postage stamps; the air conditioner was the loudest thing I've ever heard (and yes, I darn well expect air conditioning in that desert); you really have to charge $3 a day for Wi-Fi?

The ugly: the toilet made this hideous sound when flushed that made us all afraid to get up to relieve ourselves in the middle of the night and none of us wears Depends yet, so we were S.O.L.; I found out while washing desert dust off my feet in the tub, that when the pipes make a certain sound, the shower is going to come on; the room cost $80-something a night + $3 for Wi-Fi + a 15% some-kind-of-tax, really?; and finally, they had the NASTIEST, FOULEST SMELLING SOAP I'VE EVER SMELLED. It had a chemical smell to it that I've never smelled before, and I had to immediately go out and buy soap for us to use because my nostrils couldn't take that acrid stench. I have never done that before, but I couldn't tolerate having that soap touch anything on my person except maybe my hands, and even then, I had to practically hold my nose.

This is why I gave it an average rating...generous, I think, but hubby wanted it, so there it is, dutiful wife that I am (and I have a bridge to sell you...) there were a few good points, but not enough to give it a better rating. I would stay there again in a pinch, but I would not seek it out otherwise.

Room Tip: Try another one down the road a bit.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A bit expensive for a motel, but everything in Page is... It's a perfectly fine place to stay a short time, rooms are very simple but clean. And normally you shouldn't need to spend to much time in your hotel : Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend... There more than enough incredible stuff to see!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The motel was clean, quiet, with friendly employees and very busy at the time we checked in. There were a half a dozen people ahead of us as we checked in and half a dozen people behind us after we checked in. To me this is a good sign because many people will not stay at a second rate motel. Give the public a nice place to stay at the right price and the public will patronage your offering. You can't go wrong by staying at this Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed for one night in May whilst visiting Antelope Canyons and Horseshoe Bend.

The Motel 6 was excellent value for money in comparison to Saturday night prices in other hotels in Page. The staff were efficient and helpful, check in was very swift.

Our room was on the ground floor not too far from reception but it wasn't noisy at all. We had a room with 2 double beds which were comfortable enough for a good nights sleep, 1 flatish pillow is supplied for each person, so if there are only 2 of you you can double up. There was a bar top fridge in the room and good aircon albeit a little bit noisy. There was a adjoining door but this was locked and had a security bolt. The room was very clean as was the bathroom, towels and sheets.

A communal microwave is available near the reception area. There is also a laundry room with 3 washing machines and 4 dryers, a wash costs $2 and dry $2 - I did use these and they washed and dried well in comparison to other hotel ones I have used.

The wifi is included in the room rate, even though their website says it's $2.99, it was fast and reliable.

We had a really good nights sleep and the Motel 6 is excellent value for money if you just want somewhere to sleep and wash. The only things it doesn't have are breakfast and a hairdryer but the money you save on the room rate is way more than the cost of a breakfast.

It's location is about a 15 minute drive to Antelope Canyon and 5/10 minutes to Horseshoe Bend - it's just on the outskirts of Page town centre next to a Super 8 and close to Burger King, MacDonalds and Walmart.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The price usually can't be beat. This motel doesn't sit too far off of an intersection. In a short drive you can find a decent eatery. Although check-in service wasn't terrible, the clerks are usually ready to assist. The building is definitely showing some wear and could use a remodel, new carpet/furniture and some fresh paint. Otherwise, I don't believe it to be seedy place but rather just in need of some care and upgrades.

Room Tip: I tend to choose upper floors which would eliminate traffic above you at any lodge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Page? Share your experiences!