“BBQ style” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Big John's Texas BBQ is a family owned barbeque joint who brings a BIG taste of Texas to Arizona. We slow smoke our meats on wood for hours...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“BBQ style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed. This, good BBQ food. Especially liked beans and sweet corn on cob. Plastic plates and cutlery are in keeping, but perhaps take edge off it. Meat good, but a little dry. Soft though. Good value.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great tasting food and well priced. Seems really authentic and it was probably some of the best tasting meat I've tried. Great live music really enhanced the place. Only reason I haven't given them 5 stars- I was with a big group of 10 and when we arrived it was extremely busy- the man seating us had no order in which people had arrived which meant it was pretty much a free for all. Our group had to split into a 6 and a 4 which was fine but the one half was seated and the other half were forgotten about until we spoke up. The addition of a waiting list written as people arrived would have made this a much smoother and less stressful operation!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Surprisingly authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

As a Texan, I was dubious that Big John's was real Texas BBQ. Indeed, the menu was a bit gentrified. But when the meat arrived I was pleased to discover it was authentic. Be aware they think "brisket" can be pork, while a true Texan knows only beef should get that name. They do not offer a choice of chopped or sliced, nor do they have a choice of lean or marbled. But what they have is smoked in true Texas BBQ fashion. You will not find better Texas BBQ in Page, Arizona.

Kettering, United Kingdom
“An OK visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

As our motel was a 30 second walk from here (something we had regretted later as they play live music here), my wife and I thought we would give it a go. There was a queue which took about 15 minutes to get through, then when seated, we had to wait an age to be served for drinks and place a food order. When the food did eventually arrive (both had the sample platter) we were not greatly impressed. Both my wife and myself thought the meals lacked in flavour, a little bland really, served on polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery. Then as my luck would have it, the band fired up, and we were seated at the closest possible seating area. So after shouting my way through the meal, we were glad to be going back to the motel. Overall, not that impressed really. It was organised chaos trying to get seated, then served. The couple sat next to us waited so long that my wife eventually gave the father one of her beers (we ordered a few as we knew it would have been a while before being served again). It is a unique experience, and maybe worth going for just the once, but would I go back? Most definitely not.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allendale, New Jersey
“Great BBQ, live music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

After traveling for 18 hours to get to Page, we were tired and just wanted to get a quick bite to eat before going to sleep. Big Johns was walking distance from our hotel. When we walked over and saw the lines of people waiting to get in, we were ready to walk further down the road to find someplace quieter. But then we realized the line was only for the outside seating area by the stage. We were quickly seated and served inside and we could still enjoy the live music. We had the brisket and the pulled pork. Both were tender and flavorful and we really liked the sauce!