“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Toronto
45 attraction reviews
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked our tour a day in advance. The girl on the phone (who wasn't very friendly at all) told us to show up an hour before the tour starts. We did but when we talked to them, they told us that the tour was sold out. We told them that we had a reservation but that didn't matter to them. Nope. It was sold out and we weren't able to do it. We drove hours out of our way to do this tour. And to get onto another tour at that point was about a four hour wait and that was just a general tour, not a photo tour.
When we expressed our feeling with a number of different people working there, they were less than sympathetic. One person ever laughed at us. Horrible, incredibly unfriendly people.
We were told that most the tour companies there are run by the same family so really, they have zero competition and therefore couldn't care less about offering decent customer service. Such a disappointment. Really wanted to see this place cause obviously it's beautiful but the entire experience left such a bad taste in my mouth, I doubt I will ever see it in this lifetime.
Also, make sure you have cash cause that's all they will take. You think the girl on the phone would have told you that in advance too but no…not helpful at all.

Visited August 2012

Kenner, Louisiana
51 attraction reviews
“Great tour - Thank you Jake and Lionel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Jake was our guide to the Owl Canyon, Rattlesnake Canyon and the Upper Antelope Canyon. We and another couple were the only people he took in his Suburban. The lady of the other couple needed help with her camera, and Jake was very very patient with her and helped her. He even carried a Rocket Blower to blow off dust from our lenses. A great touch. He pointed out the various formations and kept the tourists in the Upper out of the frames just long enough to get our shots. Also, he set up the "sand falls", which is sand dripping down like a waterfalls and makes for a great photo. He played his flute in the Rattlesnake canyon, were we were the only people in. It was a haunting melody and it is still sticking in my mind.

If you are a photographer, ask for Lionel Bigthumb for a night photography tour. We went to the Fins for sunset and then came back to the Upper Canyon for some night light painting photography. It was just an out of the world experience. All of us have seen great photos of these canyons during day time, but how many have seen them under the stars? We have, and have photographed it too. Thanks to Lionel.

Deftinge
“Thank you Nate!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Antelope Canyon (Roger Ekis tours) without making a reservation, unfortunately there was no room left and we couldn't make the tour. Because it was my birthday and I looked forward to seeing the Antelope Canyon for a while now, we kept on looking for a way to see the canyon after all. After surfing the web we found the location of another organisation that gave tours around the canyon. I was super excited to hear from Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours that it was still possible to see the canyon! On top of that, we got a fantastic guide, his name was Nate. He did his best to make it possible for us to see the antelope canyon. He helped us make fantastic pictures and he really knew a lot of the area and about the canyon. Afterwards we were glad not to have taken the tour with Roger Ekis, thanks to Nate we got a personal tour and lots of great magnificent pictures. Thank you Nate!

Visited July 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
12 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The groups are small and each group get a personal Native American guide that tells about the canyon and takes pictures. First there is a short bumpy drive to the canyon with the other group members and the tour itself is about 15 minutes. It's in the shade and good, cool temperature, not hot like outside. We had a great time and took great photos with the help of our guide. Although the tour is really pricey, it might be worth it.

Golden, Colorado
“Adventurous Antelope Canyon Touring with Nate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I took the 5 canyon tour with Adventurous Antelope Canyon Touring. My Guide was Nate. He was exceptional! He was able to provide information about the geology of the area, tribal history, history of each individual canyon, and neighboring attractions. He was also an accomplished photographer himself, which allowed him to perfectly place me for the excellent shots in the canyons. I have no doubt that I would not have achieved the results I have without his excellent assistance. He was able to consult on specific camera settings, shutter speeds, crowd control, and tripod defense (necessary).

If I knew a friend returning for a similar tour I would advise them to request Nate. He was OUTSTANDING!

Visited October 2012

Been to Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.