“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Page
Tucson, Arizona
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an older motel. One can see the age of the motel in the decor, but my room was clean and the front desk was friendly. The outdoor patio and garden space is well kept and neat. The breakfast area consists of indoor and outdoor space, along with a patio.
I had very limited cell phone reception in this area and let my friends and family know my room and the phone number to the motel in case they needed to contact me. Well, it so happens my sister called a few times and her call was transfered to my room. She was unable to leave a message and told the front desk of this. Front desk told her that YES, the system is unable to let callers leave a message. My sister then asked the employee if he could pass on a message to me, to which his reply was "If I see her". She asked nicely if he could possibly tape a note to my room door to advise of her attempt to get hold of me. He said he would.
I never received a note or message either way that someone has been trying to get hold of me. Apart from this minor annoyance, my stay was peaceful and the price was reasonable for this area and time of year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went in there on September. This is the first time I stayed at a motel. The staff was very friendly. I could check in with feeling good. Our party was three. There was 1 extra bed, we could sleep perfectly!! If sunny outside, we could enjoy the swimming pool and pretty patio. Service included breakfast at open space. Everything is not big, but, well taken care of all and the price was very reasonable. The woman manager(I think she was the manager) took good care of us. One drawback was WIFI couldn't use in the room, we had to step outside.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sounds like I encountered the same rude woman an Australian guest mentioned in their recent review. I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip and only spent about nine hours in the hotel. As a hotel it offers good value in an expensive location. It isn't fancy, but it was clean and comfortable - which is essential after a long day travelling. There's a Safeway nearby to stock up on snacks and the rooms have a fridge to put perishables in. Check-in was fine, but be warned that they close at 10pm (I arrived at 9.30pm). I knew I wouldn't be able to have the complimentary breakfast as I had to leave by 6.30am for a Lake Powell cruise, and brekkie starts at 7am. When I tried to drop my key off, the door to the lobby area was locked. The woman (I am loathe to call her a lady) at the desk waved me away as if she was swatting at a fly. I assume I was interrupting her facebook/solitaire time as she hardly looked busy. I waved the key at her, and she shouted that it was too early for breakfast. I had to shout back that I knew, didn't want breakfast, but had to leave now so wanted to return my key. With much huffing, puffing and scowling she flounced over to the door, wrenched it open, snatched the key from me, gave me an angry tirade and slammed the door in my face. Being English, I'm used to poor customer service, but I have NEVER, EVER encountered such rudeness in a hotel anywhere else in the world. I intend to visit the Page area in the future, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

On our USA trip one station was Lake Powell and in order to be centrally located we tried to find a motel in Page. Reservation via Internet some days before was not possible as all places were fully booked so we decided to simply check out a few places after arrival. Page Boy Motel which looks nice from outside was also full but due to short term cacellations we finally managed to get a room for 3 nights. Rooms are not big but comfortable with 2 queen size beds an generally quiet. Nice pool outside and especially worth to mention the great breakfast with coffee, juice, flakes, muffins, croissants and toast. Also a lot of room inside and outside to enjoy breakfast. If you are looking for a clean an friendly motel with good breakfast at an affordable rate the Page Boy is definitely a recommendatin.

Room Tip: Ground floor most of the rooms with nice little terrasse.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Nice pool did not use. Right on main road. Visit was during shutdown and with everything closed not a happy time. Room was clean. A little over priced at $87 but it did include free breakfast

• Stayed October 2013
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Page is very expensive and since we were there for just one night this was fine. Room clean and service was friendly. Across the street the rooms were $250 and we paid around $90 so well worth it. Coffee in the room as well as a nice size fridge. Breakfast has variety of bread and pastries and cereal and juices.
Nice patio outside for sitting.
Overall well worth the price and would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

At 110$/ night I'd expect more than I got. Toilet making noises every 5 minutes through the night. Musty smelling rooms. Old lumpy beds, that at least seemed clean. But most annoying was when I came to the office to ask where their guest laundry was located, she just would say 'not open yet' and walk away.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Page Boy Motel? Share your experiences!