“Unique Formations” 5 of 5 stars

Melbourne, Australia
104 attraction reviews
“Unique Formations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We really enjoyed this tour, we were picked up in Page in an open Jeep and driven, along a dusty creek bed, to an opening, in a cliff, which was the start of the Antelope Slot Tour. The formations inside were created by water, through the sandstone, you get fantastic shapes on the walls and magnificent colours, with the filtered sunlight from above. Our Navajo guide, Ricky was a good guide and brilliant with the camera, he knows the best shots. I loved this tour and I recommend it.
Remember to take a plastic bag to protect your camera from dust, when you travel along the river bed.

Visited July 2012

Colchester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable trip to Upper Antelope Canyon & some constructive advice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a 2-aspect review, in that I will review both the Upper Antelope Canyon visit and the company. I booked this trip for 2 adults via email (from the UK) many months in advance with no problems. We arrived as instructed, parked in the parking area near the office and signed in at the reception. We were given clear instructions how the vehicles would be boarded and advised not to go far so as not to miss hearing our trip being called. The office and outside were very busy with people awaiting the next trip and we were duly loaded onto 2 vehicles - do follow their instructions and pay attention, and you will not be confused. We were on an open sided jeep, no seatbelts (but a hand & guardrail were there and were sufficient), very bumpy ride and dusty at times. However, I had no problem with any of these aspects and in fact, contrary to some reviews, very much enjoyed the experience. If you read in advance and are prepared, you will not be taken by surprise by the vehicles or the journey. Yes, it is busy - but it is a popular attraction which is extremely limited in size and this company is a commercial enterprise, not a National Park, so realistically I did not expect to be given the luxury of space and time and a National Park Ranger type experience. I felt it was still exciting and a privilege to visit the canyon which I thought was beautiful, and fascinating. Our guide was Lynette who was friendly and efficient. I don't doubt other reviewers when they say they've had a poor guide - we were lucky in having Lynette.
Some observations: I would not recommend this visit for the elderly, pregnant or those with back problems (all based on the journey, not the canyon). The canyon/desert area is hot so bring water & a hat, but there is shade within the canyon. Expect to be somewhat rushed. Upper Antelope Canyon has no ladders, you walk straight in on even level sand. Most importantly - Antelope Canyon is the main attraction, not the company, so I would focus on your enjoyment of being in there and ignore aspects that bother you wherever possible!

Visited July 2012
Bisbee
“Not so Much - Others Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Will make this review short and simple - agree totally with others' reviews here - even though we read the Trip Advisor Reviews - we were still shocked at seeing the vehicle that we were to ride in going to the Slot Canyons - felt like I should moo - a cow being taken to the market for slaughter - I have no idea how they crammed so many people into one open air dust filled vehicle. Did I mention that I too got a rude person on the phone when trying to book the tour - felt as if they could care less if I booked with them or not - wish I had not.
I will agree that I got a few good pictures - after having to push other tour guides customers out away from me - but I would not recommend this tour to anyone.
The pictures that are awesome are because of the scenery not the tour company.

Visited October 2011
“Slow down people and enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Rosie was great, pointing out very cool images. The only downer was the fact that tourists from other groups we're rushing past us leaving their tour guides behind creating unwanted photo opportunities.

“Awful & Hostile”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Called the cell # to book a tour next day, the woman on the phone was absolutely rude and impatient, failed to disclose the tour details and rushed me to make the reservation. When asked to cancel, she threatened to ban me from the tour service next two days. Wait a second, are we living in America? The customer service at this company is certainly worst of the worst and it just has no clue. We went to the canyon and ended up with a much nicer and more polite tour company and the guide was very knowledgeable and patient throughout the tour. Do NOT book your tour with this lousy company.

Been to Antelope Canyon Tours by Roger Ekis? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Antelope Canyon Tours by Roger Ekis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.