“Worth going to Page just for this visit” 5 of 5 stars

Antelope Canyon and Glen Canyon Scenic Tour
Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Page
Type: Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Located near Lake Powell, this "slot" canyon is considered sacred by the Navajo.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Worth going to Page just for this visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited the upper canyon on the 12.30 trip ( remember, if, like us, you came from Monument Valley, the clocks go back an hour during daylight saving time). We booked through Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours who are situated on the 98 just before the power station and we were very fortunate to have the owners' son in law as our tour guide. We also had a closed in, rather than "open to the elements and dust" vehicle.
Our guide was first class. He pointed out the best vantage points for photographs (assisting at times by taking awkward angles for us) and he and his wife, who was with a party in front of us gave us the history of the site.
This company do not do the lower canyon and, to be honest, the idea of scrambling up and down ladders is not particularly appealing to a couple in their 60's, so, for us this tour was perfect
Thoroughly recommended!

• Polish first
Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
“Totally unique creation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited the upper canyon on a 2.5 hour photography tour and enjoyed it very much. As far as a review of the canyon itself, it definitely is busy. Even in October, there was quite a bit of people parading through with short and long tours. Some spots in the canyon are only 2-3 feet wide, so if enclosed spaces bother you, this may not be your cup of tea. I thought it was absolutely breathtaking, I have never seen anything in nature quite like it. Despite some of the other negative reviews about it being too crowded, I did have opportunities for photos with no people in them. I highly recommend this beautiful slot canyon. I wish I could have visited lower antelope as well to give a comparison. Maybe next trip! I would definitely go back.

You must go with a tour guide company so be sure to take care of those arrangements in advance.

Washington, Virginia
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is not to be missed! Antelope Canyon is owned by the Native Americans and is on an indian reservation. Unfortunately, you do have to pay a "guide" to see it. It wasn't cheap either. We went when the Grand Canyon and other national parks were still closed due to the federal government shutdown, and we felt the guides were price gouging. We paid $40 each + $6 each for parking and $20 for our nine-year old. Extremely pricey, but well worth the awe-inspiring visit. Though, I must add that our guide was very nice and helpful and showed us how to place/angle our camera for the best photos. She even adjusted my camera settings to get the best photos. Given how it expensive it is, I wouldn't take children under 16-18, because I don't they would appreciate just how incredible the canyon is and how it was formed.

Hockessin, Delaware
45 attraction reviews
“Spectacular but touristy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The canyon is spectacular and a must see if you are in Page AZ. I visited both the upper and lower Antelope canyon and found the lower canyon to be a better experience. The Upper Canyon can be walked into and is more accessible. However the ride to the canyon is rough and very dusty (you ride in an open truck so cover your camera), the guides rush you through the tour and can leave you feeling like they are doing you a favor by showing you the place...a very different experience from the lower Antelope canyon tour which is accessible off the highway, has more spectacular views and a more laid back pace on the tour (it is less accessible as you need to climb down on steep ladders). Check out both if you have the time, if not see the Lower Antelope Canyon.

Montreal, Canada
53 attraction reviews
“Lower Antelope Canyon - amazing pictures, nothing quite like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were heading from Zion NP to Bryce Canyon NP and decided to take quite the detour to go see Lower Antelope Canyon. And it was so so worth it!

Reading some of the reviews below about Lower Antelope Canyon I feel like there is some misinformation going around: when we visited Lower Antelope Canyon (in July) it was absolutely not possible to go in the Canyon without a guide. You arrive at the site, park, pay, and then wait for a guide to call your allotted time and then he will bring you into the canyon. It is obviously very busy, but in Lower Antelope Canyon, I found I had no trouble taking pictures with no people in them. I basically hung at the back of the group, and waited for people to leave so I could take my desired shot.

Yes, it's not cheap to go in the canyon, but we found it was very much worth it.

Visited July 2013

Been to Antelope Canyon? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Antelope Canyon, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.