“Great experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Dallas, Texas
41 attraction reviews
“Great experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The tour company was great to deal with- very smooth with tour reservations etc. Our guide Rob was awesome in our photographic tour - despite the extended tour, I wish there were no people in my some of my shots and the hustle and bustle still existed. But our guide made up for it with some great sense of humor, knowledge of photography and extended courtesy.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you, Chief Tsosie & co!

Roseville, California, United States
“Don't Miss Antelope Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We selected the Chief Tsosie's Tour as they were able to fit us in on relatively short notice. I asked for the photography package which was a longer tour. Our Navajo guide, Robert, knew exactly which photography settings and techniques were optimal for the tour. He also knew the proper positions to obtain many unique perspectives - so much so that people from an adjacent tour were stepping back into our group to take the shots he pointed out. We were on the 1 PM tour of the upper Antelope Canyon but to get the shot of a light beam filtering into the slot canyon, you have to be on the Noon tour. I used a Canon 5D Mark II with a 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens. ISO set to 800 with F-stop 5 to 6.3 on Av mode. When shooting up at the top of the canyon, be sure to stay in the shadows to avoid the glare of direct sunlight.

Monte Rio, California
“Just awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After reading several negative comments I was apprehensive about the tour, but now have to write a review. Everyone I encountered with Chief Tsosie's Antelope Canyon Slot Tours was friendly, and happy. Our tour guide was Ver. Everyone on our tour was also happy and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This is a must see. We went March 26, 2013 on the 1pm tour. Although it was somewhat busy, not overwhelmingly so by any means. I got superb pictures. Don't pass up this beautiful experience.

Wilmot, New Hampshire
“A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you appreciate nature, Native American culture, and photography, this is the place for you! We visited Antelope Canyon on Mon. Mar. 25th and had the best guide, Irene. She not only explained the Canyon but assisted everyone with the best settings for their cameras and we all came away with extraordinary photographs (many of them taken by Irene herself). I highly recommend this tour -- would go again in a heartbeat. And I highly recommend Irene -- she was fantastic. We took the 10:30 am tour -- go on a sunny day (you won't be disappointed!)

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Find Another Company”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I visited the Antelope Canyons via Chief Tsosie's tours. While waiting for the tour to start, I spoke to a woman who worked there, named Ver. She was rude and condescending when I asked her neutral questions about the community based off of conversations I had with other Navajo community members. At one point she told me we call ourselves 'Diné' and we only use 'Navajo' around "you people". She seemed prejudiced against those who weren't Navajo or Native American. It later turned out that this woman was our tour guide. Once the tour started, she did a complete 180 and became very charming and friendly. However the previous interaction put a damper on the tour. The references to 'our forefathers' and 'us Americans' during the tour seemed pretentious in contrast. I would definitely not recommend going with this company.