“Understand what you are getting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Glacier
Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort
You added Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort to your Saves list
160 Gladys Glen, near Glacier Natl Park - West Entrance, West Glacier, MT 59936   |
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Understand what you are getting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Silver Wolf Chalets are small 1-2 person cabins (for the most part...there could be larger ones but I did not see nor was offered them) and are 20-30 feet apart from one another from what I experienced. They are nice and cozy and rustic on the inside. No air conditioner but a nice heater that will toast your socks off at night if you turn it up too high. Very clean. Micro-Fridge, Microwave oven, one small desk, two night-tables with lamps, one cozy chair. Small satellite TV up in the corner.

I did hear a train once during my 4 nights there... (I visited the tracks while exploring the area. They are approx a mile away) during the night. If there were more, I was too tired from visiting/trekking Glacier to realize it.

I can't think of any real complaints without getting truly, wildly knit-picky.

Better than a lot of 'ordinary/mainstream' hotels I have stayed in during my travels.

Just a minute from the Glacier Cafe (Awesome little place to eat, open 7am through supper) and a few minutes from the West Gate to Glacier.

I would not have a problem recommending these to any single person or couple who do not require a load of space and room service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

These are the perfect little cabins located just outside the entrance to the West side of Glacier. Very clean and tidy with great staff! The grounds are beautiful also! Would recommend for a couple or 1 person!

Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is without a doubt the best choice if you are visiting Glacier national park. The cabins are adorable, very comfortable, and the staff is great. Other reviewers mention the noise from the train, this actually was not bothersome at all. I am a vey light sleeper and it was not an issue.
We will make this our choice any time we are in the area.

Room Tip: ask for cabins away from the main highway. Cabin 2, 3 or 4 are the pefect location.
Leesburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife & I enjoyed a wonderful week at the Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort from September 5th through the 12th, 2012. Our cozy little cabin for two adults was just 8 miles outside the west entrance of Glacier National Park (GNP) and conveniently located near Columbia Falls, Whitefish, Kalispell and the Flathead Valley. One week was adequate time to explore the area from Silverwolf Reort's location with our rental car, even with a day of inclement weather.
The cabin itself was small but contained everything we needed to be comfortable (see the attached photos of cabin #7). The queen size bed was very comfortable and the gas stove provided warmth on cold nights and mornings. Although rustic, each cabin in the resort is modern and well maintained, as are the entire grounds. In the evenings, after a hard day of hiking and sightseeing, we loved to sit on our cabin porch with a cocktail and watch the tall trees swaying in the breeze. The owners provided daily maid service which included: cabin cleaning; providing fresh towels; making the beds (with one sheet change mid-week); preparing the in-room coffee maker for the next morning; filling the breakfast basket with delicious, over-sized muffins, cereal and fresh fruit; and replenishing the in-room mini-refrigerator with milk and orange juice. If this wasn't enough, the owners and all employees went out of their way each day to make sure that we were happy. They even left our cabin open and with lights on because of our late arrival on the first day.
We did not rate Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort 5 stars for the following reasons. The in-room television was very tiny and mounted high on a corner wall of the cabin so it was very difficult see. Granted that we did not go to GNP to watch TV, but we occasionally checked the local news, the area weather, and some sports broadcasts. Also, although the resort offers free Wi-Fi, it was impossible to get an internet connection in our cabin. To get a strong Wi-Fi signal we had to go outside to the uncovered office porch (this was a problem when it rained). We had no problem with cell phone reception at the resort. Also, be advised that inside the cabins there is only a half-wall dividing the bathroom (shower only, no tub) from the living/sleeping area. This was not a problem for us, but some people may not like the lack of privacy. Finally, the resort is located not far from the main road leading to GNP on one side and some railroad tracks on the other side so naturally there will be some road noise and some train whistle noise (although my wife thought the night train whistles were charming and added to the ambiance of our trip). The owners have been thoughtful enough to provide on one of our night tables a little machine on which you can choose from a selection of very soothing background sounds such as a gentle rainfall or ocean waves (we loved the rainfall background sound and barely noticed any outside noise).
Overall, this was a great choice for a very pleasant and memorable stay near GNP. We would definitely go back and highly recommend Silverwolf to our family and friends.

Room Tip: If the Wi-Fi internet connection is important to you, then ask to stay in cabins 1, 2 or 3 which are...
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed 6 nights at Silverwolf Log Chalets in late July 2012. They are very clean and comfortable little cabins. They have everything a couple needs. The grounds are manicured and beautiful. They are within a 5 minute drive to the west entrance to Glacier NP, and just a perfect location to start your days exploring this area. They are only about a 30 = 40 minute drive to Whitefish, which is also a fun town to explore, with fine restaurants and lots of interesting shops. Hungry Horse, 5 minutes away, it has a grocery store, gas station, laundry, restaurants, all very convenient. The owners place fresh fruit, muffins, cereals, coffee and juice in the cabins each day for your next mornings breakfast, which is such a convenience, and will save you time and money before heading off hiking and exploring GNP. Neither my wife, nor I had any problems with the trains. You can hear the whistles and horns from a distance, but its not like they are in your front yard. I can see how some "light" sleepers might be a bit disturbed. The highway is also seperated from the grounds by a thick grove of trees, so the traffic sounds are well buffered, and the traffic in the evenings and early mornings is extremely light. Its not like you are right on the road, like most motels are. I must disagree with others who claim it is noisy. 6 days and nights we spent there were just not enough to see and do all there is in this beautiful area. When staying here, take a short drive and visit the Hungry Horse Dam. Its beautiful, and quite an engineering marvel. Going to the Sun Road, is amazing, west to east, and a loop drive back via Marias pass, is a great day. Also, go WW rafing at Glacier raft Co. in the town of West Glacier, they are awesome!!! Thanks Lindsay, your place is the BEST! I will definitely be back to stay at Silverwolf again someday.. I Love Montana!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Holualoa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Silverwolf Chalets Log Cabin Resort exceeded my expectations. I was very fortunate to get a reservation near Glacier National Park and would choose Silverwolf again without hesitation. It is 5 minutes from the entrance to the park and close to a small town for grocery needs. My cabin was neat, spacious, nicely furnished. I had a microwave and small refrigerator for my evening meals. The housekeeper prepared the coffee pot daily for the following morning and left me fresh fruit and cereal for my breakfasts. The grounds are immaculate and staff very friendly. Owners Jason and Lindsay personally handled my reservation request and follow up phone calls personally. I felt like I was staying with family. It was the perfect accommodations for my trip and I highly recommend Silverwolf to anyone traveling to Glacier National Park solo or with one other person. There however is one larger cabin with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen that can accommodate a family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Ten years ago we stayed here for several nights and were glad for the chance to stay again. Nicely decorated log cabins designed for couples. The breakfast items were nothing special. The worst part of our stay was the very loud trains running close to the cabins all night long. The whistles were loud enough to wake you from sound sleep, very annoying. This was the least restful night we had on our 2 week trip. They can't help where the train track goes but we feel it needs to be said, especially considering what you pay to stay here. No wifi in cabins.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!