We stayed in the Clark Cabin in late December/Early January. Built in 1911, the cabins are Arts & Crafts style, very clean and spacious. There are three bedrooms with plenty of light. We appreciated the lack of modern accouterments like a TV or a phone, though there is a fridge and a microwave. There isn't a lot to do in West Glacier in the winter, but it is beautiful. The trains didn't bother us at all. Make sure to head to the tap room for dinner- delicious and a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier