We stayed at the Belton Chalet June 29th. We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and on a multi state motorcycle trip. The Belton is tucked in the mountain town of West Glacier. It's an historic hotel which we love. The lobby and grounds were nice and well kept. We had a room with a nice large balcony. The rooms are on the small side but that is the case for most historic hotels. The Chalet has been nicely restored but yet is full of original materials and historic artifacts to look at. We found it a but expensive but it is located in a very busy tourist area. We took the Going to the Sun Road to get there, what an experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier