“Hooked on fly fishing now” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 15 Attractions in West Glacier
Type: Water sports, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Montana is legendary for its fly fishing. Experience it for yourself in the waters that surround Glacier National Park. We offer daily and multi-day guided trips on the beautiful North and Middle Forks of the Flathead River, and multi-day trips into the Great Bear Wilderness to fish the acclaimed Upper Middle Fork. This is prime habitat for eager Westslope cutthroat trout and rainbow trout that you catch and release. Bring your own gear or let us supply everything you need. A Montana fishing license is required for all fishing trips with the exception of private pond fishing.
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Hooked on fly fishing now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our first time fly fishing and it was awesome. Half day riding the river w our guide John. What a fun adventure. Always felt safe and in good hands and learned so much. We can't wait to go fly fishing again and this company does it up right.

Visited August 2013

Kalispell, Montana
4 attraction reviews
“Could Not Have Been More Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our second trip with Glacier Anglers and our first overnighter. I waited until now to review them so as to get a better feel for their operation. Our day trip last year was excellent and I wanted to see if that carried over to an extended trip. I'm pleased to say that the Glacier Anglers operation is first class all the way. From the booking to the gear, to the meals, to the guiding; everything was top notch. I would HIGHLY recommend them for your water based adventure needs.

I'm a detail person and Glacier Anglers takes care of the details. They do an excellent job in keeping you informed via email regarding your reservation status and notifying you as your trip approaches. The reservation staff is helpful and pleasant, exuding a sense that they genuinely want to help you have a good time. Their equipment, tents, rafts, pads, bags, etc., was all top notch and generally well maintained. We did have one of those incidents that just happens sometimes on a camping trip when the propane stove broke after the first meal. Without missing a beat, the staff proceeded to cook all of the remaining meals over an open fire. The food was excellent and had they not said something, we never would have known there was a problem. Glacier Anglers also ran a very clean camp. That is particularly important since all of their trips are in bear country.

Since it was a fishing trip I should probably say something about the fishing. I don't think you can rate an outfitter solely on the number of fish caught as there are too many variables that come into play. You must consider, do they put you on water that holds fish with a reasonable expectation of catching them - yes. Do they work to get you into the fish and cover the water effectively - yes. Are they knowledgeable of the fishery and the methods needed to be successful - yes. Do they work with you to help you catch fish - yes. Do they practice ethical fishing, catch-and-release, and preserving the resource - yes. In all regards the fishing aspect of our trip was perfect. And we caught a ton of fish; action all day long every day.

We're not new to this, having over thirty years of float fishing experience, both day trips and multi-day floats, so we have a good sense of what to look for and what it takes to make up a quality operation. Without a doubt, our float with Glacier Anglers was one of the most enjoyable fishing trips we have been on. We plan to book again. I cannot recommend them highly enough if you're planning a river trip in the Glacier area.

Visited August 2013
“Great trip, great guides, great food, great equipment and excellent fishing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Took the 4 day trip on the North Fork, loved the entire experience. The guides were on top of our every need and were extremly entertaining. I highly recommend taking the multi-day trip. Planning on coming back to go on the Middle Fork trip next year.

Denver
151 attraction reviews
“Awesome 4 day fly fishing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a 3 person 4 day fly fishing trip on the Upper Middle Fork with Marc. Best fly fishing trip ever. The equipment was all in good shape. Marc knows the river like the back of his hand, pointing out an innumerable number of good places to catch fish. We were killing them! In addition, we got some class 4 & 5 whitewater on the trip and he was masterful with the raft. Great places to camp and great weather just capped off a wonderful trip.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Disappointing, but very helpful and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stopped by to check out the local regulation for fishing, licesse requrements, etc. This is a very well stocked and appointed fishing store, near West Glacier National Park. I talked to the
owner, he seemed very knowageable about the local area and waters. He told me, a license would not be necessary inside the park due to my being over 65. Then came the bombshell!! I had
paid for and carried a rod caddy and an extra suitcase with fishing clothes and gear all the way from Florida. He asked me if I had Thermal waders? I told him I was from Florida and had intended to fish in shorts and bare feet as it was 90 degrees outside. He said "guess again" the water is 36-37 degrees, glacier runoff, ie: Glacier National Park.. he said " You won't last ten minutes in that water ." So wading the streams was out and I
didn't have any othert means to access the wonderful adventure of fishing the abundant waters of " Big Sky Country" After trading some fishing stories , I left his store, disappointed, but
also thrilled with the fact that with the way the Park is being managed by the Rangers, that young people will have this beauty and abundance of fish for decades tp cpome. I probably won't make it back, but it is satisfying to know that others will be able to enjoy the beauty of Monrtana , hopefully forever.