“Vista Motel -- Quiet and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Glacier
Vista Motel
You added Vista Motel to your Saves list
12340 Highway 2 East, West Glacier, MT 59936   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in West Glacier
Kent, Washington
“Vista Motel -- Quiet and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Vista Motel was a pleasant surprise as the online photos did not do it justice. We had Cabin 22, an adorable little cabin with lots of wood in the ceiling and a lovely, recently redone bathroom. It was very private and cozy--king bed. We had a little deck in the front to sit on if we wanted to and pool (didn't use) across the driveway. The breakfast was not great, but that's because they don't have a kitchen in that building. It would have been nice to have real juice instead of Tang, but I understand why it is the way it is. The staff was very nice and helpful with local advice as well as helping with some of our special needs. (Parking husband's bicycle he rode in on from Washington state, etc.) I would definitely stay there again. The location is great -- you're in the park within a couple minutes drive.

Oh, and the people who complain about train noise are just that... complainers. It was not an issue and anywhere you would stay in West Glacier, the tracks are right there, so it doesn't matter which place you would choose.

Room Tip: Choose Cabin 22!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The mini fridge was nice but beyond that it was a cheap motel room with a high end price due to its location to the park. The cheaper motels in the area do not have fridges at all. The service was very good but the breakfast was minimal still good though. Wifi worked in my room but not in others. Door squeeked and fan was broken but it was cool and didn't need it. Overall I would definitely stay again if I had a large group there are rooms with 3-4 beds and would be a great deal for a group.

• Stayed August 2013
Coyle, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We are a family of four and any other hotel anywhere in the area was going to make us rent two rooms because either they didn't actually have enough beds for all four of us to sleep or, if they did have enough beds, we still couldn't be in the same room. The reason: our son (17) was an adult and rooms could only have 2 adults in them. Very, very frustrating! The Vista Motel had a room with a queen and two doubles and allowed us all to be in the same room (actually the sleeping areas were separated by a wall).

The rooms are very basic without tv or a/c. We did have a mini fridge and a microwave. Our bathroom was very tiny and we had a great joke over it's size. The room was very clean and we we very comfortable in the room. The view is quite nice and it's just a mile (at the most) to the park. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

We did not stay for the breakfast and opted instead to get an early start on the day.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I paid over $100 for a room that had no tv, ac, or Internet. The shampoo and body wash was watered down, the wireless Internet couldn't reach my room, and the breakfast was literally toast, coffee and tang. I don't mind these kinds of living quarters if the price was more inline with what you get (like $30). It was just one step up from a tent on a campground...which is only $15 per night. I felt ripped off when I left the next day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
amy r, Manager at Vista Motel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I am sorry Mike you felt our motel was over priced. If you call around the area you will see all of the motels are similar in price. We do not advertise air conditioning or TV in our motel. We do offer internet in our community rock room which has a spectacular view of the peaks of Glacier National Park. We would never water down our shampoo and shower gel. We are proud to offer in our showers dispensers with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We are a green conscious motel. We installed a dispenser on the shower wall, which eliminates excess plastic in the garbage. Our continental breakfast is simple, we never claim it as anything else. Just a nice way for us to say thank you for staying at our motel.
Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The mattresses in our room were apparently brand new and gave the best night sleep of our entire vacation. The rooms have a vintage motel smell. Lovely breakfast. No tv but the office gives out free dvd viewers and dvds.

• Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good vibes! Very close to the west entrance of Glacier; clean; VERY friendly staff; nice view. Pool looked nice, but we didn't use it.

The website says the continental breakfast is "light," this is very true: just some toast, English muffins, instant oatmeal, juice, and coffee.

Our shower stall was positioned so that water sprayed right onto the ground. We had to make a make-shift wall to hold the curtain in place using a bunch of lotion and shampoo like bottles.

Not a tons of amenities but it is certainly worth the price.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently travelled to Montana for a family wedding. I went there several days, before the Day so I could enjoy the magnificent scenery and majestic mountains. I made reservations online at the
Vista Motel, given 3 stars by AAA( I don't know how old that rating is), as it was just outside Glacier National Park, where I planned to do some fishing. I left Deerffield Beach FL at 5:00 AM, and went to Atlanta, 3 1/2 hour layover and on to Kalispar Montana. I arrived, met with relatives went to dinner and then to the motel to check in approximately 10:00 PM.When I reserved the room I requested one of their larger rooms as I like to be able to spread out. I opened the door to
a smell of musty unuse , hot ( it was 91degrees that day) and no AC or fan. The window was opened. no phone, no TV, no closet( 3 pegs on the wall.) Since I was exhausted, and the hour was late, I went to bed. The next AM I went to the office to see what could be done and was told that room was their biggesdt and best. There was no TV, or AC, in any of the rooms.and she would be happy to put a couple of more pegs on the wall so I could hang clothes. I immediately checked out, and notified AMEX that there might be a problem with a refund of deposit. As you know I travel a lot and am very easy to please, as is evidenced by my reviews, but not this time. I felt I should warn any of you travelling to the beautiful state of Montana to steer clear of the Vista Motel in West Glacier Montana

amy r, Manager at Vista Motel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
The Vista Staff apologizes for your uncomfortable stay at our Motel. We do not advertise we have TV or Air Conditioning. Once in a while Montana gets a heat spell in the 90's. We have fans in all the rooms and extra fans at the front desk. The staff at The Vista takes pride in our simple, friendly,clean motel with a spectacular view of Glacier National Park.

Been to Vista Motel? Share your experiences!