We stayed 2 nights, each night in a different room. The first night, we had a room with a kitchenette and then the second night, we stayed in a room that just had a double bed in it. Both rooms were on the first floor, which we actually preferred over having one on the 2nd floor because the first floor rooms had a more direct view of the lake without any railing. This hotel is directly on Lake McDonald so you have lovely views of the lake, and each room has a door that opens out towards the lake and has a pair of wooden chairs to relax in. For the first floor rooms, you literally scramble over some rocks and then are down on the beach area.
The rooms were basic and rustic – what you would expect for a park lodge. The bathrooms in both rooms had an actual bathtub, rather than just a cramped stand up shower that we had in some of the other hotels we stayed in the park. We had a fair amount of flies in the room, but they give you a fly swatter for this reason. There is parking in front of the building, and we never had a problem finding a spot. There is wifi in the lobby, and in the rooms that are close to the lobby.
Village Inn is located in Apgar Village so it is located close to a restaurant (Eddie’s) and other shops (including a place that sells ice cream/yogurt). Overall, we really liked this hotel because of the beautiful views overlooking Lake McDonald. We would definitely stay here again if we were looking for accommodations on this side of the park. Compared to the other 2 hotels that we stayed at in the park (Swiftcurrent Motor Inn and Glacier Park Lodge), we felt Village Inn was the best value for the money because of the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1956, the Village Inn at Apgar is located on the shores of Lake McDonald. This quaint 36 room motor inn offers stunning views from every room of Lake McDonald and the mountain panorama forming the Crown of the Continent. One-bedroom kitchenettes are available, as well as one- and two-bedroom units that can accommodate up to six people. One-bedroom kitchenette rooms are located on the 1st floor and are equipped with basic utensils, refrigerator, stove, microwave, and coffee maker. One-bedroom units are located on both floors and can accommodate a maximum of two people. All rooms are rustic yet comfortable with double and/or twin beds and a private bathroom. Second story rooms are accessed via stairs only and all rooms have an incredible lake view. A limited number of ADA-accessible rooms are available and are booked based on space available ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Village Inn At Apgar Hotel West Glacier
- Village Hotel West Glacier
- Village Hotel At Apgar
- Village Inn At Apgar West Glacier, Montana