Our trip to Glacier National Park began (Sept. 3-5, three nights) at Glacier Guides Lodge. It was our first trip to the park and we needed much advice regarding tours, sites to see and best hiking trails for fit, but mature, hikers who were afraid of bears. We were given so much attention by the staff we felt like royalty. We were, because it was short notice, closed out of a Glacier Guides hiking tour, but our hosts were able to talk the tour company into taking us along anyway. We loved all the attention they lavished upon us. We wanted to stay another night, but they were all booked. So, on to the next hotel, in Kalispell. But wait, we really liked Glacier NP so why not just drive back and so we did. Glacier Guides had a nice, calm, rafting trip scheduled so we joined in. While conversing with others in the raft, it became clear that they too were staying at the Glacier Guides Lodge, in fact they had taken our room! They had stayed there before and experienced the same feeling of being well taken care of.
They only have a small number of rooms so make reservations well in advance. They also have an excellent website with friendly telephone and email follow up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by Montana Raft Company and Glacier Guides, this eco-friendly lodge offers premier rafting, hiking and fishing adventures in and around Glacier National Park. Glacier Guides Lodge is uniquely nestled in a forested canyon above the town of West Glacier. This smaller B&B style lodge was built in 2010 to LEED standards (environmentally friendly); each private room has a full bath, 2 queen bed(s), AC, WiFi, Dish TV, daily maid service and a full continental breakfast. Book your rafting, hiking and fishing adventure through the main office. Happy Trails... See you in West Glacier! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Glacier Guides Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier Guides Hotel West Glacier
- Glacier Guides Lodge West Glacier, Montana