We stayed in four Glacier NP lodges/ hotels during a nine day hiking holiday. This accommodation provided exceptional value-for-money, peaceful, quiet accommodation and modern, clean bathrooms with incredibly helpful staff. It was our favourite accommodation of the stay (and we also stayed one minute away in another hotel)
First things first: there is no restaurant on-site for evening meals. However, if you want high-end dining eat at The Belton Chalet, a one minute walk away or there are numerous other restaurants within walking distance. Alternatively, if you are exhausted after a ten hour hike (as we were) and cannot face dining in a restaurant, there is a very well stocked supermarket nearby, just inside the entrance to The GNP. It sells a wide range of food and also has a decent range of wine and beer.
We stayed in a ground floor room that had two double beds. The bathroom was clean, the towels were still fluffy and care had been taken to ensure the room was welcoming. there was endless hot water during our stay. The beds were very comfortable and we slept incredibly well on each night of our three night stay. Unlike another hotel nearby, the railway line does not rattle and shake the building and the noise of the road does not disturb one's sleep!
The breakfast was a delight for tired eyes and despite my gluten-free restriction, I was able to leave having a full tummy and raring to go as gluten-free cereals and bread were available (and I did not have to request them)
Free internet access was a huge "gift" as we had four days worth of emails to catch up on.
For cell phone signal we had a short walk down the road to the railway station, a one minute amble away.
Glacier Guides Lodge was a blissful, peaceful oasis in a wood, but located immediately next to the main highway, a gas station and the entrance to GNP. By far, our favourite accommodation of our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glacier Guides Lodge is uniquely nestled in a forested canyon above the town of West Glacier. Built in 2010 by Glacier Guides & Montana Raft Co, this smaller B&B style lodge was built to LEED standards (environmentally friendly); each private room has a full bath, queen bed(s), AC, WiFi, Dish TV, daily maid service and a full continental breakfast. Rafting, hiking and fishing trips are available through the main office. Happy Trails… See you in West Glacier! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Glacier Guides Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier Guides Hotel West Glacier
- Glacier Guides Lodge West Glacier, Montana