“Awesome and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Steelville, Missouri
“Awesome and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

With a location near the west entrance of Glacier National Park at the Apgar Village location, this restaurant was our first stop after the visitor's center. The food was fresh and the wait staff was delightful. Definite place to stop on our next visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Indianola, Iowa
“Convenient to the motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a tourist restaurant - close to the Apgar Village Inn. The menu offers a selection of sandwiches and meals - priced high. Service was adequate. Wine and beer is available. We ate here because it was close to the motel, after a long day of driving and didn't want to drive further.

Visited August 2013
Groveland, California
“Excellent Food - Long Hours - Nice Staff - My Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

During my 2 weeks at Glacier National Park, this was my favorite restaurant. Menu has a good selection, and they were really great about letting me substitute "anything green you have in the kitchen" instead of fries, etc., with my meals. After several days backpacking between trips into town, just wanted as much fruit and veg as I could get, and they delivered. And they were really nice about letting me pick where I sat, so eating alone didn't feel uncomfortable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New Ownership Better Get A Grip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at 9:30 AM. I ordered the Montana Scramble my wife ordered two egg breakfast. Montana Scramble = burnt fried potatoes, steak pieces overdone, two eggs over easy (burnt and slopped) on top of a small sprinkle of cheddar, six tiny burnt pieces of onion that I barely found. My wifes plate was similar and her scrambled egg? A small flat disc. No, it's not the liquid type of eggs it was real. To add to all of this after we choked down our meal the waiter says, "Sorry your eggs weren't done the way you requested them." This comment made on his own out of the blue. I told him the whole meal was horrible. He said he would tell the cook and walked away. I just want everyone who reads this to know I've NEVER told a server this before. I know that we should have told them we don't want our food and left. I'll own that. Take our advice, don't go here. There's some really great places right outside the park. I hope this will save you 25.00 for breakfast.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Reubens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in West Glacier at the Village Inn. This place was close by, it was late and we were hungry so we tried it. I knew nothing about it at the time. We had a great experience. The reuben sandwiches were delicious and the fries were hot and tasty. The service was quick and efficient. I read the reviews already published just before I wrote this review and was surprised. We had no problems. I guess different days, wait staff and entrees make quite a difference. I hope this restaurant heeds the reviews and makes some changes because we know they can get it right sometimes. They did the evening we visited

• Visited July 2013