“Excellent Food - Long Hours - Nice Staff - My Favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Groveland, California
“Excellent Food - Long Hours - Nice Staff - My Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

During my 2 weeks at Glacier National Park, this was my favorite restaurant. Menu has a good selection, and they were really great about letting me substitute "anything green you have in the kitchen" instead of fries, etc., with my meals. After several days backpacking between trips into town, just wanted as much fruit and veg as I could get, and they delivered. And they were really nice about letting me pick where I sat, so eating alone didn't feel uncomfortable.

• Visited August 2013

45% Recommend
“New Ownership Better Get A Grip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at 9:30 AM. I ordered the Montana Scramble my wife ordered two egg breakfast. Montana Scramble = burnt fried potatoes, steak pieces overdone, two eggs over easy (burnt and slopped) on top of a small sprinkle of cheddar, six tiny burnt pieces of onion that I barely found. My wifes plate was similar and her scrambled egg? A small flat disc. No, it's not the liquid type of eggs it was real. To add to all of this after we choked down our meal the waiter says, "Sorry your eggs weren't done the way you requested them." This comment made on his own out of the blue. I told him the whole meal was horrible. He said he would tell the cook and walked away. I just want everyone who reads this to know I've NEVER told a server this before. I know that we should have told them we don't want our food and left. I'll own that. Take our advice, don't go here. There's some really great places right outside the park. I hope this will save you 25.00 for breakfast.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Reubens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in West Glacier at the Village Inn. This place was close by, it was late and we were hungry so we tried it. I knew nothing about it at the time. We had a great experience. The reuben sandwiches were delicious and the fries were hot and tasty. The service was quick and efficient. I read the reviews already published just before I wrote this review and was surprised. We had no problems. I guess different days, wait staff and entrees make quite a difference. I hope this restaurant heeds the reviews and makes some changes because we know they can get it right sometimes. They did the evening we visited

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“good place to relax or recover from a hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Eddie's is a reliable place for a burger, a beer and a chat. Friendly and relaxed, open late, easy-going. After filling up, take a stroll down the street and along Lake MacDonald for a beautiful view.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Perfect spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went to Eddie's with my wife and son on our way through Glacier National Park. After reading the previous posts about Eddie's we were hesitant. MAN WERE WE WRONG!!!

We knew that it was the end of the season as everything else had already been closed down. Apparently this place is the only restaurant that knows that people come after Labor Day.

Once inside we were welcomed by a waitstaff that were happy to talk with us about our travels and theirs. I got the Buffalo burger, it was perfectly done and a neat treat being in Montana. My wife got the Fiesta Salad with chicken. She loved the salad so much she had to personally tell the chef. My son's food was adequate but what really made him happy was the crayons and coloring book the waitress brought to keep him occupied.

Other reviewers must have been tired from a long day's hike because I did not have a problem with service or food. In fact they were both the highlight of our trip. Maybe people should look up from their anger filled trips to realize what a gem in the crown of glacier this place really is.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere