During a recent trip to Silver City, NM, some acquaintances booked a room for me and my family at this particular hotel. They told us unequivocally that this was the best hotel in town. Again, when we were waiting to check in, we heard the clerk echo the same sentiment to another person who was checking in. Great we thought. The place looked OK from the outside, at least. We had requested a crib for our infant as well as a refrigerator for our room. Being very conscious for cleanliness especially when our infant daughter is involved, we asked if the crib was cleaned prior to issuance. The clerk assured us that it was. Upon checking into our room, we always do a cursory check to ensure there are no blatant problems, e.g. ants in the room, etc. Though we didn't find any vermin, we did find trash around the bed skirt, the carpets heavily soiled, the bed skirt itself was dirty and uncleaned as well as the bathroom floor was uncleaned due to the presence of hair (not ours) and other debris. We also found an unopened bottle of male enhancement pills in a dresser drawer. When we went to assemble the crib, I noticed a few yellow in color stains on the white bars of the crib. We always carry disinfectant wipes with us, so I gave the entire crib a wipe down in which the unknown yellow stains came off. Though the above items did not qualify as a deal breaker for us, we nonetheless let the front desk know of the problems. They were apologetic and said that they would bring up the matters with housekeeping and management. We never heard from either nor did the hotel attempt in any way to remedy the situation. Since we were so far from any sort of civilization in Silver City, we felt stuck with the accommodations. If this is in fact the best hotel in Silver City, keep driving to Las Cruces if you can, to get a better selection of hotels. The housekeeping in this hotel needs remedial basic cleanliness training as well as does the management in customer relations. I would not recommend this hotel unless it absolutely couldn't be avoided, i.e. staying in Silver City. On a more positive note though, the staff in the morning breakfast area were very pleasant and responsive.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Silver City Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Silver City Hotel Silver City
- Holiday Inn Silver City
- Silver City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Silver City, New Mexico is near Historic Downtown Silver City with it's restaurants, galleries and shopping. The Gila National Forest and Wilderness areas, Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, City of Rocks State Park, Faywood Hot Springs, Glenwood Catwalk Recreation Area, Chino Mine, Tyrone Mine and the WNMU Campus are within easy driving distance. Tourist and real estate relocation information are available in our lobby. The goal of our hotel is to provide our guests with an inviting, comfortable and safe atmosphere that exceeds expectations. We will do this by providing both our guests and our employees with a positive experience while maintaining our honesty, integrity and love for what we do. Hotel features include complimentary Express Start breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Silver City, NM and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Silver City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.