“needs a little improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Silver City
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“needs a little improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

rooms are average for what you pay for...housekeeping needs to learn to quit slamming doors all morning and pay attention to the cleanliness of the room/bedding.

I'm sure this property will improve with time since it is now under new management. I look forward to seeing the improvements my next visit to Silver City...because I will stay here again and check it out.

The breakfast is not very good for non-meat-eaters...but the fruit was fresh and the juice was great.

Front desk staff needs a little training on customer service..like telling me they could not make change for a $20???..but after a little coercing, they seemed to have the change for me...hmmm????

I talked to the corporate manager and reviewed my stay with him...he provided some of the best customer service that I have seen in a long time

Other than the little things that will improve...the trip was fun.

Lke I said..I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mesa, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Silver City was a perfect place for our family members to stay during a family reunion. From the planning of this event to our departure, Ms. Carrillo was there to help. The staff were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. A big thank you to Ms. Carrillo and the rest of the staff!

Gibson City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights along with 10 other family members and found our rooms as well as the rest of the hotel to be very clean and well managed. We felt that the manager, Ms. Carrillo, went above and beyond to accommodate all of our needs and requests. All the staff was very friendly and well trained. The breakfast was very good, fresh and plentiful. We will stay here again.

Diamond Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

hotel is clean and very well managed. Mgr. Michelle was extremely accommodating for our reunion and made sure all of our family members were comfortable. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Laurie at breakfast was personable and the selections were generous. Manager Michelle Carrillo was recovering from surgery but was still active checking the facilities. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Silver City as this was the third consecutive year in which we have had a reuni
on there.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place us slipping, rooms are dirty, carpets stained, beds are horrible and rooms stink they try to mask it with a foo foo spray but smell dominates. Maids can be friendly but they do not clean. Clean to them is making ur bed and changing out ur towels. So if ur staying more than a night a want a clean room pack ur vacuum and supplies cause u will have to do it urself. Personal feeling if they were made to wear uniforms that fit and looked professional perhaps they would have more prides in their work, cause if u don't take pride in urself its going to show through ur work. Breakfast staff, Lori and maintenance, Mack have great work ethic and are professional and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear cruznthru,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am glad our breakfast staff were professional and friendly. I apologize for the overall condition of the room and for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Deptford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I generally like all of the Holiday Inn Express that I visit. I won't go back to ths one.
The first thing I noticed was that the bathroom floor was dirty. I thought maybe the black lines on the textured terra cotta colored tile was part of the texturing, but I noticed that behind the toliet, where there would not be anyone walking, the tile did not have this coloring. So I scraped one of the tiles with my finger nail and sure enough it was dirt. While down on the floor, I noticed the the outside of the toilet was very dirty.

The room was nice except for this dirty bathroom. The breakfast buffet was as expected.
I mentioned to the desk clerk as I checked out that the toilet needed repair because it was constantly running and wasting water in New Mexico is serious business. She said she would send someone to fix it. I told her to also tell the maid to scrub the floor. She just mumbled something back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ginaceee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation regarding cleanliness. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Deming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel sits off the HWY 180 which makes it easy access to and fro. Hotel is clean and rooms are spacious. We had to ask for a different room due to toilet not flushing properly. The attendant was helpful and gave us a different room without hesitations. There was complementary bottle water which is always nice. The breakfast was good, the area was clean and the host was attentive to our needs. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Silver City? Share your experiences!