“family reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Diamond Springs, California
“family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

hotel is clean and very well managed. Mgr. Michelle was extremely accommodating for our reunion and made sure all of our family members were comfortable. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Laurie at breakfast was personable and the selections were generous. Manager Michelle Carrillo was recovering from surgery but was still active checking the facilities. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Silver City as this was the third consecutive year in which we have had a reuni
on there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place us slipping, rooms are dirty, carpets stained, beds are horrible and rooms stink they try to mask it with a foo foo spray but smell dominates. Maids can be friendly but they do not clean. Clean to them is making ur bed and changing out ur towels. So if ur staying more than a night a want a clean room pack ur vacuum and supplies cause u will have to do it urself. Personal feeling if they were made to wear uniforms that fit and looked professional perhaps they would have more prides in their work, cause if u don't take pride in urself its going to show through ur work. Breakfast staff, Lori and maintenance, Mack have great work ethic and are professional and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear cruznthru,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I am glad our breakfast staff were professional and friendly. I apologize for the overall condition of the room and for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V
IHGCare
West Deptford, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I generally like all of the Holiday Inn Express that I visit. I won't go back to ths one.
The first thing I noticed was that the bathroom floor was dirty. I thought maybe the black lines on the textured terra cotta colored tile was part of the texturing, but I noticed that behind the toliet, where there would not be anyone walking, the tile did not have this coloring. So I scraped one of the tiles with my finger nail and sure enough it was dirt. While down on the floor, I noticed the the outside of the toilet was very dirty.

The room was nice except for this dirty bathroom. The breakfast buffet was as expected.
I mentioned to the desk clerk as I checked out that the toilet needed repair because it was constantly running and wasting water in New Mexico is serious business. She said she would send someone to fix it. I told her to also tell the maid to scrub the floor. She just mumbled something back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ginaceee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation regarding cleanliness. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Irish V
IHGCare
Deming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel sits off the HWY 180 which makes it easy access to and fro. Hotel is clean and rooms are spacious. We had to ask for a different room due to toilet not flushing properly. The attendant was helpful and gave us a different room without hesitations. There was complementary bottle water which is always nice. The breakfast was good, the area was clean and the host was attentive to our needs. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Travelin' Jack is no slouch when it comes to travel...and he is one Top-Dog Expert on Pet Friendly Lodging around New Mexico! So it comes as no surprise that he recently returned for his 3rd visit to Silver City and his 3rd stay at the very accommodating Holiday Inn Express Silver City! Travelin' Jack gives it a PAWS UP rating for several reasons!

1) CLEAN, cozy, accommodations.....just as one would expect from a Holiday Inn Express property. (Jack'a comments: They get my paw-dorsement for a nice, clean, friendly lodging option. They even advertise Pet Friendly..right at the front desk! Good job HIESC! )
2) Ground floor pet-friendly rooms with easy entrance/exit in several directions.
3) Good walking areas all around the property
4) Reasonable pet fees.
5) Complimentary breakfast can be taken to room to enjoy together with pet. (Jack's Comments: BREAKFAST TIME! Look at this doglicious-yummy breakfast that Jill brought back to the room for us to share! HIESC does a dog-dandy job of offering up a tasty & COMPLIMENTARY hot breakfast)
6) Location outside city center but right off main highway with easy access to numerous pet friendly area attractions. (Jack'a comments: Thanks HISC.....you are top dawg! )

Final Note: Silver City is a very pet-friendly destination with lots of great hiking/walking areas and beautiful mountain setting. Holiday Inn is a SURE-BET for a comfortable, convenient stay in Silver City NM! This hotel gets Travelin' Jack's PAWS-UP endorsement for a pet friendly lodging destination.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with easy access are the pet-friendly rooms. Be sure to reserve one of these room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have had many good experiences with the Holiday Inn brand over the years but this was one of the more disappointing. The facility is new, service was good, breakfast buffet was what I expected. My problem was the smell in the room. The rooms are all supposed to be nonsmoking, but it was clear that the previous occupant of the room I was initially assigned to felt free to ignore this, ah, rule. I thought that if I waited a few hours it would get better, but it did not. When I came back from dinner, I asked for a different room, and the front desk staff promptly found one for me. But this simply confirmed one of my other concerns about my original room - my new room, like the original one, also had a very distinct odor of detergent or something comparable. In the original room - when compounded with stale tobacco - this was unbearable. In the new one, it was tolerable, but I would strongly suggest that hotel management take a closer look at what they are using to launder their sheets and towels.

But apart from that, an OK place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear dfwmw,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry the accommodations received were less than satisfactory. We are always looking to be the best we can be, and feedback such as yours provides areas we can improve upon and accomplish our goal. Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
IHG Care
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've stayed here before and the only thing different is that the hotel is starting to show its age a bit. Nothing disturbing, just things like discolored tile grout in the bathroom and the varnish on the inside of the bathroom door is flaking a bit from steam.
Still, this hotel is a great place to stay, and the staff is perfect for my taste: Helpful but not intrusive. One thing that makes this place stand out for me is that the exhaust vent in the bathroom really works. Too many hotels ignore this, but it's one of my pet peeves. The lobby and mezzanine are still very tasteful and the fireplace on the mezz is a nice touch. Better than that is the bookshelf full of decent titles near the fireplace. Grab one and enjoy some quiet reading.
I can't say my stay was pleasant, but it wasn't because of the hotel - I was in town for minor surgery. The staff was great and didn't bat an eye at my bandaged state.
One small suggestion for the management: The late season snowstorm put a lot of snow and ice on walking surfaces. It looked like some snow-melt chemical was applied, but it was a day late. Walking on the slippery pavement with a bandaged face was pretty stressful. I know the storm was unexpected in late March, but a hotel in Silver City should have a box of snow-melt crystals around all the time.
Can't comment on the complimentary breakfast because I wasn't supposed to eat, but my wife enjoyed the convenience of not having to leave me alone for long on medication.

Room Tip: The view from the rear is of a TravelLodge parking lot and an apparently abandoned building with a d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Silver City? Share your experiences!