“Great place in Silver City” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Silver City
Deming
“Great place in Silver City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel sits off the HWY 180 which makes it easy access to and fro. Hotel is clean and rooms are spacious. We had to ask for a different room due to toilet not flushing properly. The attendant was helpful and gave us a different room without hesitations. There was complementary bottle water which is always nice. The breakfast was good, the area was clean and the host was attentive to our needs. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Travelin' Jack is no slouch when it comes to travel...and he is one Top-Dog Expert on Pet Friendly Lodging around New Mexico! So it comes as no surprise that he recently returned for his 3rd visit to Silver City and his 3rd stay at the very accommodating Holiday Inn Express Silver City! Travelin' Jack gives it a PAWS UP rating for several reasons!

1) CLEAN, cozy, accommodations.....just as one would expect from a Holiday Inn Express property. (Jack'a comments: They get my paw-dorsement for a nice, clean, friendly lodging option. They even advertise Pet Friendly..right at the front desk! Good job HIESC! )
2) Ground floor pet-friendly rooms with easy entrance/exit in several directions.
3) Good walking areas all around the property
4) Reasonable pet fees.
5) Complimentary breakfast can be taken to room to enjoy together with pet. (Jack's Comments: BREAKFAST TIME! Look at this doglicious-yummy breakfast that Jill brought back to the room for us to share! HIESC does a dog-dandy job of offering up a tasty & COMPLIMENTARY hot breakfast)
6) Location outside city center but right off main highway with easy access to numerous pet friendly area attractions. (Jack'a comments: Thanks HISC.....you are top dawg! )

Final Note: Silver City is a very pet-friendly destination with lots of great hiking/walking areas and beautiful mountain setting. Holiday Inn is a SURE-BET for a comfortable, convenient stay in Silver City NM! This hotel gets Travelin' Jack's PAWS-UP endorsement for a pet friendly lodging destination.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with easy access are the pet-friendly rooms. Be sure to reserve one of these room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have had many good experiences with the Holiday Inn brand over the years but this was one of the more disappointing. The facility is new, service was good, breakfast buffet was what I expected. My problem was the smell in the room. The rooms are all supposed to be nonsmoking, but it was clear that the previous occupant of the room I was initially assigned to felt free to ignore this, ah, rule. I thought that if I waited a few hours it would get better, but it did not. When I came back from dinner, I asked for a different room, and the front desk staff promptly found one for me. But this simply confirmed one of my other concerns about my original room - my new room, like the original one, also had a very distinct odor of detergent or something comparable. In the original room - when compounded with stale tobacco - this was unbearable. In the new one, it was tolerable, but I would strongly suggest that hotel management take a closer look at what they are using to launder their sheets and towels.

But apart from that, an OK place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear dfwmw,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry the accommodations received were less than satisfactory. We are always looking to be the best we can be, and feedback such as yours provides areas we can improve upon and accomplish our goal. Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've stayed here before and the only thing different is that the hotel is starting to show its age a bit. Nothing disturbing, just things like discolored tile grout in the bathroom and the varnish on the inside of the bathroom door is flaking a bit from steam.
Still, this hotel is a great place to stay, and the staff is perfect for my taste: Helpful but not intrusive. One thing that makes this place stand out for me is that the exhaust vent in the bathroom really works. Too many hotels ignore this, but it's one of my pet peeves. The lobby and mezzanine are still very tasteful and the fireplace on the mezz is a nice touch. Better than that is the bookshelf full of decent titles near the fireplace. Grab one and enjoy some quiet reading.
I can't say my stay was pleasant, but it wasn't because of the hotel - I was in town for minor surgery. The staff was great and didn't bat an eye at my bandaged state.
One small suggestion for the management: The late season snowstorm put a lot of snow and ice on walking surfaces. It looked like some snow-melt chemical was applied, but it was a day late. Walking on the slippery pavement with a bandaged face was pretty stressful. I know the storm was unexpected in late March, but a hotel in Silver City should have a box of snow-melt crystals around all the time.
Can't comment on the complimentary breakfast because I wasn't supposed to eat, but my wife enjoyed the convenience of not having to leave me alone for long on medication.

Room Tip: The view from the rear is of a TravelLodge parking lot and an apparently abandoned building with a d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Got back into town late and didn't want to disturb my temporary hosts so I checked into what should have been one of the better hotels in this small town as it is one of the newer ones. I had just sold my house and been out of town for awhile so I needed a place to stay for a night. When I checked in and presented my drivers license, I was told that they don't rent to locals, which flabberghasted and angered this tired soul after a long day of driving. I asked the front desk person if he was kidding and he assured me that he wasn't but changed his mind after I started leaving the lobby. I was relieved but ungrateful due to the initial unnecessary shock. The room was overpriced (over $100) and I was in 204 on the second of three floors. It was before midnight by the time I settled in and could hear the TV in the next room so I turned on my TV, which was preset to Fox News at volume level 15. I know it was preset because I immediately changed the channel from this angry harping propaganda drivel spectacle and it came on again in the morning, same channel, same volume level. The room was cold so I turned on the window-mounted heater/cooler (no climate control for over $100) and went to bed. About 3 AM I was awakened by creaking noises coming from the ceiling caused by guests above me moving in their room. This went on all night and into the morning and was really quite loud (a friend confirmed this in the morning). At about 4 AM I woke up again (from a very light and labored sleep) because the room was way too hot so I turned the a/c on. The bed wasn't bad, kinda hard and the pillows small and cheap. Not much of a comforter on the bed. I didn't sleep worth a darn with the room temp and noise, maybe two hours. So, the good things about the room include above average bathroom amenities and a nice shower head with good flow. Noticed a few black curly hairs stuck on the bathroom wall but I'm used to this in all levels of accomodations. Overall it was a clean place. The breakfast area downstairs was well apportioned and the coffee was decent. I would give it a "poor" if the room came in under $100 but a hotel like this is supposed to be a place to sleep and this hotel was an epic fail in this regard. Didn't much appreciate the lame attempt at management [the company?] propagandizing thier patrons with Fox News, either. This channel was also blaring in the breakfast area, by the way.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room to avoid the loud creaking ceiling if you must stay here. Good luck if you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Ricomalo,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

The creaking floor above me kept me up all night. Request the 3rd floor for your stay.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for two days in February and enjoyed the room and the included breakfast. It is located on the edge of town, just off of the highway. This is a very quiet location. The room was nice, and the heater unit worked well and was quiet. My only complaint is that the bathroom shower had some wear and tear, but everything worked fine and the water was hot. No major complaints and I will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor mid-way between the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Silver City? Share your experiences!