“A place to relax and eat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 67 Restaurants in Silver City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
bremerton
“A place to relax and eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

This place is a neat place to eat. easy going with a unique structure because of the high ceilings. The food is excellent and is great for any occassion. Lines might be a lil long but worth the wait. They have a menu full of all kinds of foods and is a great place for the whole family. Also has a bar area and tv with the sports channels on it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“A terrible first time experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I grew up in Silver City and come back at least once a year. This is a place I have been wanting to come to for years. My older brother and sister were also in town from Utah and Alabama so we all went to the SCBC on a Friday night to meet a friend for drinks. As we entered,two people behind the bar yelled at us that the kitchen was closed. We were OK with that, all we wanted was drink anyway. We sat with our friends, we placed our order and we waited. Our friends were also waiting for their order of green chili fries and nachos. Our server came back a little while later and told us that they had already called "last call" and so he couldn't serve us our drinks and then said that even though the food order got in on time, they cook never got the order. Jokingly, we told our server that we came all the way from NY, UT and AL just to try this beer. He got a little flusterd and told us we could talk to the manager. The manager came out and very rudely told us that the place closed at 9 and we should have read the sign when we came in and that he could not serve us a beer. Our friend told him that we had ordered our drinks 30 minutes ago and the manager looked at his watch and said "Well that would make it 9:05 and we close at 9". He walked away before we could bring up the problem with the food order. I understand that we got in late, but it was extremely rude of them to yell at us the second we walked in the door, our server should not have taken our order, and the manager could have handled himself better. I also found it strange that it was about 9:30 when the people at the next table were delivered thier food order which meant that they had to have been waiting over 30 minues for their food if they got their order in before the kitchen closed. I'm bummed that I didn't get to try the beer or food but unfortunately first impressions are lasting so I will never come back to this place and will not recommend it to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
U.S.A.
“Made to order chips!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Okay, so we couldn't find much open downtown at 8:30 on a Saturday night, but this place had someone performing live, so we decided to try it. The music was bad, but the food was great. They have made to order chips! Yup, they fry up thick-cut potato chips when you order and serve them with ketchup. Brilliant! :) I've always loved my french fries on the crispy/crunch side, so when I got a basket full of freshly crisped potatoes with ketchup, I was uber excited. LOL... I know, I know, I shouldn't get so excited about this, but I wish more places would do this... ANYWAY, I ordered the NM philly cheese. It was good, not spicy but still tasted like chile, made with ground beef instead of sliced (just to warn you.) My mom had one of their pizzas with pesto and mushrooms. Yummy! This is obviously not a gourmet restaurant, but for small-town casual dining, I thought it was pretty darn good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Silver City
“Good food, good beer, but not a brewery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

Although the "Silver City Brewing Company" is a misnomer, this is one of the better places to go in Silver City for a relaxed meal in a pub-like atmosphere. The beer, brewed in Los Lunas by the Red Tractor Brewing Company, is very good. I recommend the imperial stout. Occasionally they will brew a batch of homemade beer right there at the restaurant, but it sells fast. They really should change the name since they don't specialize in brewing.
The food is also very good; from filling calzones to pizza to sandwiches, you really can't go wrong. It's all made while you enjoy your opening pint. If you're burned out on the horrible attempts at Mexican food that predominate in Silver City, try the "Brewing Company."