“edge-of-town bargain” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Joseph
“edge-of-town bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Each time we came in from outdoors, an unpleasant floral odor was apparent. The clerk was helpful. The TV did not work and he came and found it unplugged and showed us how to work the remote. The location is somewhat inconvenient, at the end of town with only a fast food restaurant nearby. There was an older guest laundry available and the breakfast included bacon and eggs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kingman, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was either heavy cleaning solvents, or bug spray. There was plenty of room on the threshold for bugs to come in, in any event. I had to use my rescue inhaler.

Rest was out of the question because this property also seems to be the local sleeping spot for a trucking company! Diesel 18 wheelers were pulling into the parking lot with great regularity. That was only half the fun--I heard one departing at 2:30am. If I'd wanted to sleep in a truck stop, I would have booked at a truck stop. We only stayed one night before we wised up and moved on!

Room Tip: Trucks park on both sides of the motel. I don't like the odds for finding a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at 5 different hotels in silver this is by far the worst one. The room was dirty, I found an open safety pin in the bed. Notified office they didnt seem to concerned they oftered my 20% off the room but ended up charging me again for the room at a 10% discount had to despute the charge on my credit card. Horrible hotel pushes blame on anyone but themselves needs to take accountablity.

Room Tip: Avoid. book a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I will agree the desk clerks are very accommodating, also pleasant We were there with several friends in our motorcycle club. It was the second time we had stayed there. The previous stay was two years ago. At that time the place wasn't great, not very clean, but tolerable. This time it was very dirty, lots of spots on the carpets and I was afraid to walk on it without shoes. The bathroom was filthy, I put a towel down to even go in there and cleaned the toilet. Our friends rooms were far, far worse then ours. Spots on bedding, crusty even. Torn bedding, lots of food under and around the frig. Beyond dirty bathrooms, spots and fingerprints everywhere. I guess you get what you pay for. Although to me at 70 bucks I would take a bit more pride in a business I wanted people to come back to. We I assure you never will.

Room Tip: Up stairs seemed better then all our friends who were downstairs. Bed are so hard it was like sleepi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Placitas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel is some dated but clean. The room includes refrigerator and microwave and a hot breakfast including eggs. We have stayed here twice. It's best feature is the customer service of the front desk.

• Stayed March 2014
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The girl that checked us in was great and very helpful. Made a few suggestions, gave us directions, and was very friendly. The room was fine. Nothing special. I liked that there was a table and chairs. In the morning I grabbed some breakfast and took it up to the room. My boyfriend didn't really like the food. The bacon was that per-cooked microwave kind. The eggs weren't great either. The lobby had some really annoying high pitched beeping going on, like a battery in the smoke detector was out. But the staff seemed to just ignore it. The hotel is in a convenient location to head up to the Gila Cliffs. It was fine for a night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Buena Vista, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The nicest thing I can say is that it was just average. The room (Room 107) was clean but smelled of heavy use of room deodorizer. We aired it out and you could live with it but we stayed there two days and the second day they did it again. Light bulbs were out, the heater we set on 60 degrees and was so hot we could not use a light blanket. The remote control on the limited channel TV did not work, the TV was partial screen, and there were no towels whatsoever. We did go to the front desk and they gave us towels. The second day we had fresh towels but they forgot a floor towel for the tiled bath area. Limited number of electric outlets but if you unplugged a light you could plug in your computer. Surprisingly, the free breakfast of bacon, sausage, and eggs was the highlight and I tipped the friendly young kid Albert that did the breakfast $5.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Silver City? Share your experiences!