“Tasty Gelato” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Description: New Mexico's oldest gelato shop, serving home made gelato (Italian ice cream) and fresh-baked desserts. Featured in Fodor's, Frommer's, Moon Guides, and Travel section of the NY Times! Located in Silver City's historic Arts & Cultural District, Alotta Gelato is open 7 days a week from Noon to 9:00 PM (Sun-Thu), or Noon to 10:00 PM (Fri-Sat). Both indoor and outdoor seating is available, and we can pack your purchase 'to go.' Ask about our dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free flavors. Find us on Facebook!
Daytona Beach, FL
“Tasty Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of flavors, owner is very creative. Warning, they fill your cup up here! The cherries jubilee and banana flavors were fantastic! Mitch sat down and chatted with us for awhile. It was like coming home or seeing an old friend. Don't miss stopping here if you are in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MitchHellman, Owner at Alotta Gelato, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks, folks! I'm glad I had the chance to sit down with you both and tell you about Silver City.

Sedona
“Really good gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had dessert here on 8/32/13. I had two different flavors, as did my wife. Texture was excellent, and the flavors melded together well. The staff was friendly, and the atmosphere lends itself to just sitting in the shop and relaxing while eating your treat. My wife especially liked the sour cherry, she was talking about it well into the next day. We will return here- highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Just remember: we're not that far away from Sedona!
Silver City, New Mexico
“Best ice cream next to my granny's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a super hot day and the kids were fussy. We stopped in a got a small cup of cherry vanilla, aahhhmazing and mango to die for. The owners were super nice!

Visited July 2013
MitchHellman, Owner at Alotta Gelato, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I'm so glad you and the family stopped by to cool off! The Cherries Jubilee gelato has been a customer favorite ever since we first started making it last year...and I'm having a hard time staying away from it! The secret is in the cherries-- imported semi-sweet Amarena ones-- yum!
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I loved this spot. Almost 100% made from scratch gelato, except sugar free -- and I as okay with that because it was wonderful. So many flavors, clean, bright store and an owner with passion for his craft.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MitchHellman, Owner at Alotta Gelato, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for your praise! Though I can't take credit for developing our sugar-free flavors, we looked around for a long time before settling on the ones we use. Having sugar-free gelato available is important to us because there is a pretty significant number of diabetics in the area. We wanted to be able to serve them something that was OK for them to eat-- and tasted good, too!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Alotto Yumm-o”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Consistently delic gelato. Owner is very hands on and involved with creating a great, tasty frozen treat. I always look forward to a snack and conversation with Mitch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MitchHellman, Owner at Alotta Gelato, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the words of praise! One important note: "hands on" in this context does *not* mean that I put my hands on my customers! (On the other hand, my wife/co-owner is a world-class hugger!)