“Very Nice for Econo Lodge” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Very Nice for Econo Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, large, relatively quiet room. Friendly, helpful desk. Very convenient location if you are just driving thru. I booked on Booking.com but people walking in were getting a lower rate. Standard rate seems to be $49 to $69 but online for me was $89. However, this is a funky, event town and prices pop way up for events. Two strange signs at check-in. One, we only rent rooms to locals after interview with manager. Second, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at our discreation. This second sign has been very controversial lately in Arizona and has disappeared in most places.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about our hotel. We strive to provide an excellent experience to each and every one of our guests. With regards to the price of the room, we do have lower rates with some very large companies and contractors for the mines in Silver City. We provide them with a discounted rate in exchange for the amount of business they bring into the hotel. The sign which mentions renting to locals is a measure we took to prevent locals from renting our rooms in order to have hotel parties. This is destructive to our property, and very disruptive to the other guests so we put a stop to it. If there is a local who has a legitimate reason to be renting a room in the same town in which they reside, we will happily accommodate them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Benson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed two nights recently. Room was very clean and quiet. Beds were very comfortable. Made reservations to stay here again in a couple of weeks. Nice breakfast that is available early. Kids loved the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast and indoor heated pool. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Silver City.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of all I will grant you that it is not the Hyatt but whenever I go to Silver City I always stay here because I know what I will get. They have nice rooms with a pool and breakfast and because Silver is so small it is not far away from anything. The staff there is great. Zack is a very nice young man that runs the place as manger and is friendly with everyone. I have seen him interact with guest and staff and treats everyone the same. Kallie is awesome. I called to make a special request after I booked the room and she took care of everything and it was perfect when we arrived. I really like dealing with people who say they will do something and then make sure it is done. I had some car trouble the last time I was there and Josh in maintenance offered to help get them resolved. They have a great breakfast, nice big TV's and free internet. I love staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the compliments towards myself and my staff, Kallie and Josh are excellent employees and they, along with everyone else, always strive to give each and every guest the kind of quality customer service that has earned us awards for excellence. I will share your feedback with the entire staff so that we can continue to provide superior hospitality services to future guests.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and can't say enough good things about the experience. Clean. Comfortable bed. Soft pillows. Spacious work area. SOFT WATER in the shower! Great views of the wonderful wilderness areas surrounding a great little community that is Silver City NM.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We always try to give every guest an excellent experience as reflected by our multiple awards. I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we hope to provide you with any future lodging needs you may have on your next trip to our wonderful community!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This Hotel is awesome!!!! I love everything about this place, this Econo Lodge is like no other. I have never been to an Econo Lodge that served such a great breakfast. The customer service is great here, Ben was very helpful to us and made our stay very enjoyable we will be back because of him. The rooms are very clean and overall I would recommend anyone traveling to Silver City to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We offer many things that Econolodge does not require us to have, but we provide for the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. We have won awards from Choice Hotels International for the last 4 consecutive years and I am very pleased that our efforts are still being noticed by our guests. Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we will see you next time you are in Silver City!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in April during the annual bicycle race in town and will plan to stay here in the future when my work brings me back... This is definitely not your typical Econo Lodge hotel and the folks that work here were both friendly and helpful during my stay... I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Silver City.

I have stayed at two other Silver City Hotels, the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express, and this hotel is nicer than both.

Pro's: friendly front desk staff, clean rooms, quiet hallways, hot water, cool air conditioning, etc...

Con's: the clothes hanging area could be bigger.....

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Zach H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you very much for the review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We have won awards with Choice Hotels International for the past several years and that is because we're not a "typical" Econolodge. I am thrilled that you find our hotel to be the nicest one in Silver City and I will be sharing your kind words with the entire staff. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit into town!

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!