“Family visit” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Placida
“Family visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Poor quality motel. The rooms were very noisy and our location across the hall from the lobby entrance was even noisier with slamming doors as guests went in and out. Toilet was stopped up and uncleared upon arrival and discovered in such a condition that the front desk clerk had to plunge and clean it before we even settled in. Also,everyday when we returned we had to go to the front desk to get new operating key cards. Just another annoyance

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
LYNNVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel clean and meet our needs for an overnight stay after attending a service for a family member in the area. Good place to stay in the area at a reasonable price.
If in the area again and need a place to stay would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Valmeyer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night while attending a funeral. I am a person with a disability who reuires a wheelchiar and have a service dog. Often times when I make a reservation I am told a room is accessible and when I check into the hotel, I can't use the bathroom due to the fact that it is not large enough to either get my chair into or if I can get in I can't get close enough to the comode to transfer. When I checked into the hotel, I was greated by the manager who asked if my dog was a service dog as their policy is no pets. After I explained he was a service dog all was fine. I had two friends with me who were just there for the day and they helped me get things in. My room was very comfortable, clean and accessible. I needed a beverage that evening after returning home from the wake and the manager was still there. He was helpful in getting me a beverage. The next day the front desk staff was kind enough to help me get my things through the double entry door and asked if I needed any further help. I graciously thanked them and told them my dog would assist me. The rooms must have been recently renovated, the bed was comfortable and finally a room with enough plug ins, easy to reach from a wheelchair for adaptive equipment to be charged over night. Breakfast was simple, but well cared for. I could not reach the waffle maker, but the staff with a smile helped me with that. We don't live in a perfect world for anyone, but it sure was nice to have staff willing to help with a smile in the few situations I needed help with. The staff should be rewarded for their care and concern of their work place. When I was on my way home from the funeral I received a call from the manager thanking me for using his hotel and he was sorry he didn't get to say good-by to me and my service dog Petey. He told me to be sure to stay with them again if I am in Vincennes again which I porbably will be. Thank you for a nice stay in a bad situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just an average stay. Pretty much exactly what I expected for the price I paid. It was pretty much what I needed, a cheap place to stay and a pool for the family

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Red Roof Inn Vincennes
#5 of 7 in Vincennes
3.0 of 5 stars 46 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana

Been to Super 8 Vincennes? Share your experiences!