“I was well pleased with my stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Valmeyer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night while attending a funeral. I am a person with a disability who reuires a wheelchiar and have a service dog. Often times when I make a reservation I am told a room is accessible and when I check into the hotel, I can't use the bathroom due to the fact that it is not large enough to either get my chair into or if I can get in I can't get close enough to the comode to transfer. When I checked into the hotel, I was greated by the manager who asked if my dog was a service dog as their policy is no pets. After I explained he was a service dog all was fine. I had two friends with me who were just there for the day and they helped me get things in. My room was very comfortable, clean and accessible. I needed a beverage that evening after returning home from the wake and the manager was still there. He was helpful in getting me a beverage. The next day the front desk staff was kind enough to help me get my things through the double entry door and asked if I needed any further help. I graciously thanked them and told them my dog would assist me. The rooms must have been recently renovated, the bed was comfortable and finally a room with enough plug ins, easy to reach from a wheelchair for adaptive equipment to be charged over night. Breakfast was simple, but well cared for. I could not reach the waffle maker, but the staff with a smile helped me with that. We don't live in a perfect world for anyone, but it sure was nice to have staff willing to help with a smile in the few situations I needed help with. The staff should be rewarded for their care and concern of their work place. When I was on my way home from the funeral I received a call from the manager thanking me for using his hotel and he was sorry he didn't get to say good-by to me and my service dog Petey. He told me to be sure to stay with them again if I am in Vincennes again which I porbably will be. Thank you for a nice stay in a bad situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just an average stay. Pretty much exactly what I expected for the price I paid. It was pretty much what I needed, a cheap place to stay and a pool for the family

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here two consecutive nights and found the lobby, hallways and most importantly, the room to be very clean. Everything appeared to have been recently renovated. The bed was very comfortable, I felt safe. I believe that this hotel provides a good value for the dollar and it is very well-located to numerous restaurants and shopping in Vincennes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Des Plaines, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When my daughter and I were traveling around looking at colleges we stayed at a few Super 8's and most were icky and dirty. Not this one. Becky ended up choosing this school and I now stay here every six weeks. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The bathroom is clean (big priority for me), rooms seem large and the hallway looks and smells clean. Now folks this is NOT a 5 star hotel so don't look for it to be one. For the money and what I need (place to relax at nite) it is perfect. And the place is ALWAYS busy. Can't comment on breakfast as I sleep thru it but remember it will not be hot $15 buffet. Enough to get you going ... Coffee, muffin and make-it-yourself waffles. The pool is never used so I question cleanliness and water temp. However I am never interested in it. I'm here so often I always walk in and say "me again". They do not have an elevator but I never bring a lot so it's fine. Security cameras throughout so I always feel safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Vincennes? Share your experiences!