“Wonderful Find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Vincennes
Tamarac, Florida
“Wonderful Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

After reading reviews on this site we decided to stay and were more then pleased. Having stayed in Vincennes a few times before and not being happy with the accomendations we were so surpirsed to find this gem. Beautiful hotel, great staff who were more then helpful, nice breakfast and will definitely stay again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here for two nights recently and was very impressed. Hotel is very well appointed and the staff is excellent. Great value for the money for a new lodging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently primarily because the ones I usually stay at in Vincennes were already booked. This hotel is very nice and very new. Everything was clean and fresh. The room was spacious and comfortable. The "suite" in the hotel name refers to the small kitchenette included with the room that contains a full-size refrigerator, stove, micro-wave oven, kitchen sink, and dishwasher. While a benefit for some travelers, I had no need for a kitchenette but had no other choice at this hotel, and so paid a premium relative to other traditional hotels. Not complaining, but simply offered no value for me so I was disappointed in paying premium price for the room. At this point in time, there is essentially nothing nearby (easy walking distance) to this hotel in terms of nice restaurants or shops. Given the upscale nature of the hotel, I found the location a bit odd.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just spent a long weekend with my family of 5 at the Towneplace Suites. The staff was great and the suite we had was AMAZING! I have stayed at several of the other hotels in town and they pale in comparison. The beds were comfortable, the flat screen TV's in every room were awesome, and WIFI was so great! We checked out the pool, exercise room, laundry room, and breakfast and were never dissappointed in the quality. I especially enjoyed the patio off the breakfast area. We will return to this place again next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When our confirmed reservation was not honored at a nearby motel we tried the TownePlace Suites. Glad we did. We were given a two bedroom suite. Each bedroom has its own television and its own heat controls. Another television is in the living area. This property is not even a year old and is clean, with good lighting. Front desk people were friendly and helpful. I would go back to this property anytime I visited Vincennes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at the Towneplace Suites while we were in Vincennes visiting family. We mainly needed a place to lay our heads at night, but we got much more!

Upon check in, we found ourselves upgraded from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful, promptly bringing us a pack n' play for our youngest.

The room was clean, the furnishings nice. It was great to have all the extra space for the kids to literally run around the room. The kitchen area was awesome!

Breakfast in the morning was nothing fancy, but it was completely sufficient to fill our tummies with some nutrition (yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, juice, etc) and the coffee was always available.

Pool was cold but we had fun in it anyways.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. This was actually one time I was bummed we weren't able to spend MORE time in our hotel room because it was so nice. If we end up back in town in the future, Towneplace will be our only choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lincolnshire, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I recently went to visit Vincennes University with my child, and husband. I went online and googled the town and their local hotels, I seen that Towne Place Suites had perfect scores. This exicited me, and my family what a great hotel with such great prices. WRONG..... When we arrived it was chao from walking in the doors. They could not find our reservation so they called for the manager to assit. I of all people under stand who tricky computers can be, they located our reservation we were given our keys and sent us on our way. When we got up to . our room we were shocked that floor in the kitchen was sticky and the bathroom was unclean and had hair in the sink. So I adventured down to the front desk where the staff was anything but friendly, and unwilling to understand my concerns. I went back to my room and used a bath towel to clean the kitchen floor myself, and santized the bathroom. The next morning the manager came to our table while we were eating our cold bagels, and beganning questioning us about our stay. When I had informed her of my unpleasent stay, she looked shocked and questioned if we were serious or if we just wanted a discount. I quickly got up from the table went to my room packed and left. As I was checking out the lady by the name Julie was as unpleasent as the manager. I will be taking my money and business else where.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Anna S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Vincennes, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the unacceptable condition of your bathroom and the lack of attention you received required to correct this issue. I am the General Manager. Although you and I did not speak during your stay, I will take responsibility for the actions (or lack thereof) by my staff. I want to make this right and earn your respect. Please email me at anna.seacat@marriott.com or call me at 812-255-1500.

Anna Seacat
General Manager/ Marketing & Sales Manager
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Vincennes, IN
Reserve your suite today: 812-255-1500

Been to TownePlace Suites Vincennes? Share your experiences!