“Glad we found it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Texas
“Glad we found it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When our confirmed reservation was not honored at a nearby motel we tried the TownePlace Suites. Glad we did. We were given a two bedroom suite. Each bedroom has its own television and its own heat controls. Another television is in the living area. This property is not even a year old and is clean, with good lighting. Front desk people were friendly and helpful. I would go back to this property anytime I visited Vincennes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at the Towneplace Suites while we were in Vincennes visiting family. We mainly needed a place to lay our heads at night, but we got much more!

Upon check in, we found ourselves upgraded from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful, promptly bringing us a pack n' play for our youngest.

The room was clean, the furnishings nice. It was great to have all the extra space for the kids to literally run around the room. The kitchen area was awesome!

Breakfast in the morning was nothing fancy, but it was completely sufficient to fill our tummies with some nutrition (yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, juice, etc) and the coffee was always available.

Pool was cold but we had fun in it anyways.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. This was actually one time I was bummed we weren't able to spend MORE time in our hotel room because it was so nice. If we end up back in town in the future, Towneplace will be our only choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lincolnshire, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I recently went to visit Vincennes University with my child, and husband. I went online and googled the town and their local hotels, I seen that Towne Place Suites had perfect scores. This exicited me, and my family what a great hotel with such great prices. WRONG..... When we arrived it was chao from walking in the doors. They could not find our reservation so they called for the manager to assit. I of all people under stand who tricky computers can be, they located our reservation we were given our keys and sent us on our way. When we got up to . our room we were shocked that floor in the kitchen was sticky and the bathroom was unclean and had hair in the sink. So I adventured down to the front desk where the staff was anything but friendly, and unwilling to understand my concerns. I went back to my room and used a bath towel to clean the kitchen floor myself, and santized the bathroom. The next morning the manager came to our table while we were eating our cold bagels, and beganning questioning us about our stay. When I had informed her of my unpleasent stay, she looked shocked and questioned if we were serious or if we just wanted a discount. I quickly got up from the table went to my room packed and left. As I was checking out the lady by the name Julie was as unpleasent as the manager. I will be taking my money and business else where.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Anna S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Vincennes, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the unacceptable condition of your bathroom and the lack of attention you received required to correct this issue. I am the General Manager. Although you and I did not speak during your stay, I will take responsibility for the actions (or lack thereof) by my staff. I want to make this right and earn your respect. Please email me at anna.seacat@marriott.com or call me at 812-255-1500.

San Ramon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed in the TownePlace Suites over the Christmas holidays because adding 3-4 of us to my mother's small 2 bedroom/1 bath house is just uncomfortable - we have people sleeping on the floor, suitcases everywhere, etc. I booked the TownePlace because we had Marriott points and had never seen or heard of it before. It had just opened, so everything was super clean and looked great! We stayed the first night in a 2 Queen suite with a nice galley kitchenette, large table with 4 chairs, 2 sitting chairs, a nice flat screen TV, free Internet, nice beds and bedding and a nice bathroom with curved shower bar. Granite countertops made the kitchenette and bathroom look great! Kitchenette had coffeemaker, toaster, pots, pans, small stove/oven/frig, dishwasher and plates, cups, silverware and utensils. We had a bit of trouble when we realized our sink didnt have hot water (understandable for a brand new hotel), and since it was Christmas day, instead of moving us to a like room, we were upgraded to a beautiful, roomy 2 bedroom suite! It was so nice, that we had relatives over to "our house" to visit! Each bedroom and the living room had flat screen TVs, so each of us could hang out in a room and watch what we wanted to watch! Was great for my college age kid to have a room where they could stay up late and watch TV. The continental breakfast is a little weak, would have liked some fresh fruit or hot oatmeal, but I was fine with the bagel and coffee - after all, it was Christmas and there were only about 10 of us in the hotel. The workout room was adequate - 2 treadmills and an elliptical with free ear buds to plug into the small tv on each one. Also had free weights and stability balls. Had an indoor pool that looked inviting, but I didn't have a swimsuit. Has some lawn behind the hotel and grills, and some outdoor seating in front. Had a small market, but couldn't buy a bottle of wine or a beer, which would have been nice since everything else was closed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again next time our family goes to visit.

Room Tip: Either side is comparable - back side is probably a little quieter, but front side is set back from...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending Christmas with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Vincennes. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I am happy to tell you that the hot water issue in the initial suite you stayed in has been solved, but I am happier to learn that because of that issue you had the opportunity to experience one of our fabulous Two Bedroom Suites. They are terrific for traveling families, like your own, who need some space to spread out and relax.

Two more quick items, we do have oatmeal and fresh fruit, so please come back and enjoy our breakfast next time. And, although we do not sell wine, there are two local wineries in Vincennes. Let me know if you are interested in having wine waiting for you in your suite next time you stay with us. We are looking forward to serving you again.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel is the wet dream of every business traveler. Although I only stayed there one night I’ll guarantee I’ll stay there every time I’m in Vincennes. Now I need to preface this by telling you the hotel is brand spanking new (it was open exactly a week before my arrival) so when I give it 5 stars for cleanliness keep it in mind I was probably the first person to stay in the room.

The hotel is located across town from the other hotels which I find to be still very convenient – it is a small town after all. But it’s still close to restaurants and only about 2 ½ miles to the university. The room I stayed in was a king suite and frankly I could have lived there indefinitely. It had a little kitchenette area with a 2 burner stove, a refrigerator and microwave. The cabinets were stocked with all the necessary dishes and supplies. While there wasn’t an automatic icemaker it had the trays for me to make ice. It wouldn’t have worked well with the automatic anyway because I would have heard the cubes falling all night. The refrigerator was quiet though and not that constant humming sound you tend to hear. I was slightly disappointed they didn’t have the free microwave popcorn found at some of these type of units but they did have a small marketplace in the lobby and if properly motivated I could have gone done there and purchased something. So maybe I should thank them for saving me the caloric intake.

One very impressive thing about this hotel room is the clever use of space. This room is SMALL but you don’t feel like it. I thought the workplace desk was more convenient then my home office with plenty of desk space (expandable too) and all kinds of shelves to put your stuff. Free Wi-Fi was just what my budget needed. The chair was very comfortable and ergonomically correct.

The room had a sofa and ottoman that doubled as my dinner table. The sofa was cute and small but not extremely comfortable. But it was nice to have it so I wasn’t sitting on the bed. The TV was a flat screen HD model with a swivel arm so I could watch it from the desk, the sofa or the bed; lots of channels too.

The bathroom was plenty big, again with a lot of drawers and cabinet space. A hairdryer was in one of the drawers and I appreciated having one that wasn’t attached to the wall. The one thing I truly LOVED about the bath was the water pressure in the shower. Not the “run around in the shower to get wet” variety but a nice steady stream that I appreciated being a frequent traveler.

The bed was big and comfortable and I had requested foam pillows on my reservation and there they were waiting for me. The front desk staff was helpful and spoke to me each time I passed by. Ann, the manager, was particularly helpful to me with my reservation before I checked in and called me back when she said she would - which I always appreciate.

I hesitate telling you how great this place is because I want to be sure to have a room when I go back! But I must say overall this hotel was a pleasant surprise for this weary traveler.

Room Tip: The room is well set off the road so don't worry about street noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share information about our hotel to other travelers. The comments you made were detailed and thoughtful. Please ask for me the next time you visit us. Now that I know you are a popcorn lover, I'll have a bag waiting for you.

We cannot wait to serve you again.

Reserve your suite today: 812-255-1500

Been to TownePlace Suites Vincennes? Share your experiences!