“worst hotel in the world!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8315 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11209   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Brooklyn
Charleston, West Virginia
“worst hotel in the world!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

i have never been in a hotel like this one in the world ! they are like a bunch of rude people !!! from the manager to the employees !!!!!! i recommend you dont give them your car to pARK IT because i gave my car in the night to an employee and in the morning i saw all lights were open from the night and the driver seat was broken !!! so i confirted the employee and he started shouting at me so i talked to the manager there he said its not there fault and started arguing with me saying my car is old and not worth anything !!!! not even taking care of me as a customer ! and in the evening i came to the hotel they didnt accept to take it to the park although i was paying $25 per night so i was trying to solve this issue and they told me to take it or else i will receive a ticket i requested the put a hotel sign for permit parking until i just bring my keys and after minutes only i found a ticket on my car!!!!! it was all their fault !! beacuse the manager told the front desk to call the police and give me a ticket and that how i had a $115 ticket !!!! the employee damaged my car he drives the car in a rude way !! and the manager defends the employee telling me i am a lier! so i wanted to leave the hotel after i have booked 2 rooms and they told me to leave the hotel if i wanted !!! i have never seen such a manager that doesnt take care of the customer !! doesnt he care about the hotel reputation !!!!! and also the service was bad u have to beg them to clean ur room ! such a bad hoteeeeeeeeeeel !!!!

Room Tip: worst service in the world ! and never give them ur car they will damage it !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_Gregory_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I cannot get into details (for obvious reasons) but most of the information in this review is simply not true. The guest and his family were upset because they wanted us to pay to fix something that was clearly previously broken. They screamed at me and my staff that we needed to pay to fix it (the seat) and that “the customer is always right so you have to pay for it; no questions asked”.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We live close by and had to stay in the hotel while we were having a renovations done at home and during a work week so we just needed a place to sleep/eat. Since this is the only decent hotel in town they took advantage. The price per night was very high (Manhattan prices). Bay Ridge is NOT Manhattan so if you're not very very familiar with NY you may think this is okay. Yes, you can sometimes here and feel the subway underground but you would need to be very quite to feel or hear anything. The hotel is clean and the room, although small, suited our needs. The bed was okay, the bathroom seems recently renovated and we had a safe in the room (more about this later). BW's we've stayed at in other areas of the country don't normally have safes in the room which, if you read my other BW reviews, is a major nuisance. There's no fridge or microwave. Maybe since everything in terms of food, etc are steps from the hotel. But after a long work day it would have been nice to at least have a fridge. The staff seemed pleasant enough although I personally did not have one-on-one contact with anyone during our stay. I did request our room be vacuumed one day after we requested that the AC be serviced because it was not working properly. The repair person had left some debris behind. Our request wasn't honored that day but was the next. The AC was fixed-YAY! The continental breakfast was better then in many other hotels. Fresh NY bagels, eggs, bacon, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt. That was a very nice surprise! No plastic wrapped stale danish or expired cereal here. My spouse checked out without much hassle but was asked if you used the safe (??). It seems there's a surcharge for using their safe and you're on the honor system if you use it. So, my final note here is if you in a pinch for a place to stay this is a good option. Just be prepared to pay for it.

Room Tip: Request a quite room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great place, great location. Wonderful continental breakfast. I believe it's newly renovated, so the washrooms are very clean....Comfortable beds. You will actually have a wonderful experience if you stay on the 3rd Floor.

Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The rooms were clean, comfortable and the price was reasonable for a hotel in a safe part of New York City (4th Avenue and 84th Street in Brooklyn). All of the staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good.

We made reservations for the “Best Western Gregory Hotel” on April 30 then spoke to Justine to make a change to the room. The reservation changes were made correctly and a discount was applied as this visit was for a funeral. We arrived May 2. The suite we reserved was very nice as we had 3 people in our party. It would have been fine for 2 couples as well. The bathroom and bedroom were accessible through the room with a pull out bed (this room had less privacy).

On parking:
Parking in this area can be a little challenging in NYC. The Staff at the desk suggested that I read the NYC parking signs very carefully if we choose not to use their valet parking service.
The advice from the staff saved us from getting a ticket.
This neighborhood has metered parking on the ends of the side streets which is in effect Monday to Saturday. “Alternate Side of the Street” is in effect on all streets in this area. Make sure you understand the parking rules. The area has many apartment houses and stores. It is very congested.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Staff was great at check-in, during the stay and check-out. The rooms was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good with circular eggs and either bacon or sausage patties, waffles, cold cereal, coffee, water and fruit. The hotel itself was clean and pleasant. It is convenient to a Subway stop. Always felt safe.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Overall, the stay was good. I was here on business and the location was perfect for me. Rooms were clean and nice and roomy for the New York area. My floor had a bit of a moldy smell to it. Not too much traffic noise. Breakfast was typical continental fare you'd find at a BW. The area, Bay Ridge, is a cool area of Brooklyn and the hotel was convenient to walk to several restaurant options. In general, the staff was very polite...with one huge exception. Upon checking out, the desk agent was something else. When I questioned a charge on my account, she became very confrontational. She acted as if she was doing me some huge favor by removing charges that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I know that New Yorkers can be a bit abrupt, but this was down right rude. Sadly, as this happened during checkout, what would have been a pleasant stay, ended on a very sour note.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. On behalf my staff and I, please accept our apologies for the rude tone that was exhibited at check out. I will definitely review your comments with our staff and I hope that will give us an opportunity to display better hospitality in the future.
Watertown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff was great. Breakfast was good. Room was clean and quiet, aside from a rattle in the HVAC unit. Close to subway and great food. Nice park nearby. I'm not thrilled that I need to type a minimum of 200 characters, so I'm going to type a whole bunch of nothing now.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Gregory Hotel? Share your experiences!