“My Marriott experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 50 hotels in Brooklyn
West Sand Lake, New York
“My Marriott experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It seems that I tend to pick this hotel when I have to work in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Queens because of the location. The hotel has almost come to be a second home. As a matter of fact, one time when I arrived, Beverly at the front desk greeted me with "welcome home"! To date, I have not had a bad experience here. Priscilla, Beverly, and "young" Jeffrey, and others whose names I cannot recall, have all greeted me very graciously and have always been most helpful. In the concierge lounge, Lenny greets me every morning and in the evening, Don scurries to make sure everyone is happy and content -- he is almost like a mother hen making sure everything is in order and running smoothly. In the lobby, Angelo and Jose take care of my luggage after I check out and have to leave it with them. Even in the parking garage, the attendants recognize me as I drive in. They have trouble remembering my last name (who hasn't) but they all know my first name. Then there is Melanie who seems to divide some of her time checking in at the concierge lounge and in the lobby, but mostly somewhere in the back office. Sam also makes his rounds and sneaks up to ask me if I have gone on the Trip Advisor. I must admit, I'm not very good about writing!! I have had enjoyable stays here and would really recommend this hotel.

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I travel frequently to New York City on business. On most trips, if available, my hotel of choice is the Brooklyn Marriott. Under the leadership of GM Sam Ibrahim, in my opinion,the Brooklyn Marriott is a great property and offers the finest attention to its customers that you will find anywhere in the hotel industry. From the staff at the front door, check in, to the resturant and lounge, the staff are dedicated to ensuring your stay is most enjoyable. And let's not forget the cleaning staff.
With respect to the rooms, I have always found them to be comfortable and nicely furnished. For your daily work out, the hotel is equipped with a nice gym and swimming pool. If you are fortunate to stay at the Brooklyn Marriott as a tourist, the property is convenient to the Brooklyn Bridge, the Barclays Center, and within walking distance to some fine and inexpensive dining at nearby Brooklyn Heights.
During your next stay at the Brooklyn Marriott, take a walk over the Great Bridge and take in the panoramic view of one of the world's great Cities. Enjoy.

Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The hotel is literally right at the Brooklyn Bridge. Clean, inviting rooms which is typical for the Marriott brand. My husband and I stayed there to attend an event at the Barclays Center and found it to be very convenient.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We decided to stay at the Marriott because we are usually always satisfied. This hotel was great. Starting with the doorman and the staff that were very courteous and friendly. Our room was furnished very nicely and the bed was very comfortable. We were close enough to walk to the Brooklyn Bridge and restaurants . We walked to DUMBO (down under the Manhattan bridge overpass) We ate at Grimaldi's pizza and did some shopping. We are all seniors and are very health conscious. We were glad to be able to walk everywhere and came back to a great night's sleep at our comfy NY Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge.

Room Tip: We did not have a view of the bridge but there are some with a slightly higher price.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Grammy746:
I was delighted and flattered to read this terrific posting here on TripAdvisor – especially the title “Bucket List.” We value your review and appreciate the time you took to share your experience and acknowledge the staff that helped make it great. Thank you also for noting our proximity to some wonderful attractions. Thank you again – hope to see you during your next visit. Sincerely, Sam Ibrahim, General Manager
Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

For the price, I was expecting a bit more from this hotel. The best asset of the hotel is its staff, which were all professional, courteous and welcoming. The lobby and restaurant appear to be well maintained, however the rooms could use a little more TLC. Peeling wallpaper and other room updates could be addressed to enhance the experience. Additionally, would suggest that there is a "will return at xx:xx" sign for the gift/sundries shop - I became ill during my stay and needed to get some medicine and waited for about 20+ minutes for the attendant to return from break. Also, taxi cab drivers do not like to make trips into Brooklyn (as we were told be a few of them), so can be difficult to obtain and often need to either use the subway or pay extra for the 'black car' service.
Nice enough place, but perceived value somewhat lacking.

Williston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came to Brooklyn for a music ministry conference at Brooklyn Tabernacle and this hotel was the host for the conference. For 3 of the 4 that went, it was our first time in New York! I was very impressed with the customer service we received during our stay. The bellhop, Angelo and the doormen, Sam and Michael, were VERY helpful and we developed a friendship during our stay. The rooms were very clean and nice, and the location is great, especially if you want to go into the big city. Will DEFINITELY stay here again!! Miss it already!

Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were given a room on the third floor with a constant hum or buzz, it drove us crazy so we called maintenance. The engineer came up said there was nothing he could do since the noise came from the generator and it affected the whole floor area. At 300 bucks a nite I expect a quiet room so I insisted on a room change which I got. It's just disappointing to see a Marriott renting out substandard rooms at premium prices. It's so easy to ruin a reputation, get a new generator guys.

Stayed October 2013
BrooklynMarriott, Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello,

My name is John and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Brooklyn Marriott Hotel. Thank you for staying with us and please accept our apologies for the noise issue you experienced. We investigated the situation and determined the cause of the issue. The hotel has already begun to rectify the noise issue with our generator so it won't be an issue for any other guest moving forward. We value and truly appreciate all guest feedback so thank you for sharing.

Please feel free to contact me for any future reservations and I'll be sure our hotel exceeds your expectations. My contact number is 718 222 6502.

John

Been to Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge? Share your experiences!