“Weekend in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Weekend in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great location just across the brooklyn bridge made it easier to access downtown without as much of the hassle and traffic. Room was spotless and huge by NYC standards, and service was as you always expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Like all Marriotts, this one was clean and comfortable, and there were no major issues in favor or against. That being said, it was quite bland, felt very 'big box', and there were a few minor annoyances that would keep me from recommending it highly.

For one, our reservation had a hiccup when we checked in; normally, this wouldn't be a huge ordeal, but we were given keys to another room that was already occupied (to be fair, it was by someone we knew who was part of our party...), and it took about 45 minutes (that we didn't have), to sort out. As someone with infinite Marriott points, I was granted access to the concierge lounge, but it was NEVER open -- only for maybe three hours during my three-day stay, making it for the most part useless. Thus, when I went in search of a printer, and read in the room that 20 pages of printing were free at the front desk, I was surprised to find myself being charged for them in the office center. The restaurant also seemed a bit overpriced, and our server brought us juice and charged us for it without asking if we wanted it. All minor things that added up to a "just ok" stay -- nothing that'd prevent me from returning, but nothing that'd make me excited about it, either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BrooklynMarriott, Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello,

On behalf of the Brooklyn Marriott, we truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience at our hotel. We consistently strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to better understand how we fell short of your expectations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you.

John McPartlan
973 766 4809
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the NY Marriott on the Brooklyn Bridge. We arrived at 3 pm and were able to check in right away. Our room was on the 18th floor, in the South tower after going through the bridge; it was a corner room [It had windows in all sides! (We had not requested a special room -only number of beds).] with an Amazing view of both the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges and Lady Liberty, even a little side of the new tall tower built at the World Trade Center.

Spacious room, clean, quiet, bright, comfortable. We could barely hear traffic noises: unusually quiet urban hotel. Bed was heavenly! My daughter wanted to take it home with us! Bathroom was clean and well provided with toiletries.

Security at night was tight. We arrived from our outing after 11 pm and there was a checkpoint after the escalators (only access from the street, Adams St) in front of the first elevators and before getting to the check in desk, where there were a NYPD officer and a Marriott employee asking guests to show their room keys in order to allow them access. Pretty neat. They were very courteous.

Staff was helpful and cordial. Even after we left our room in the morning for checkout the lady who was taking care of the rooms on our floor asked us if we needed anything.

We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant The Archives. Given how expensive is everything around NYC and that we had time to enjoy a sit-down breakfast without a crowd or rushing, we decided to eat at The Archives. We were really glad we did. The place was almost empty, but the food was great: we went with the buffet, since we could choose more for the value. Amazing variety of items for breakfast. The waiter, Csaba, was really friendly and helpful.

The hotel location was perfect for our visit to NYU Poly, but it is also closely located from Subway stations to get you into Manhattan, further into Brooklyn, or any other areas. You can also stroll down Montague St for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and then continue walking down toward the river: lovely views of the river and Manhattan. The Brooklyn Bridge is literally 2 blocks from the hotel front doors, and it is quite a wonderful experience to walk it into Manhattan.

Room Tip: Corner room was spacious and bright with many windows that gave us amazing views of Brooklyn and Man...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful posting here on Trip Advisor. We are so delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room, the restaurant breakfast, staff, location and views. Thank you for choosing the Brooklyn Marriott and we hope to see you again soon. I think we can find even more local attractions to WOW you! Sam Ibrahim, GM
Bracebridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Loved the location, close to subways, buses etc. The taxi ripped us off going to the hotel and the doorman let him have it! wow. Needless to say he found us alternative transportation to the airport when leaving. The hotel is a bit dated in the lobby area and the lights were out on a few letters of sign out doors, but other than that, very clean, and friendly. We had left a do not disturb sign on our door and each day the front desk called to make sure we did not need anything and if we did please call down and someone will take care of it. Very much enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was a lovely retreat in the busy Christmas period but with quick and easy access to Manhattan. The staff were okay, invisible for the most part. It was very quiet. The rooms were very comfortable and large. It is, however, very much a chain - there's no character. However, it is perfectly adequate and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am a regular visitor to the New York City area. The one dislike I have of New York has mainly to do with the value you get for your hotel dollar in Manhattan. Tiny rooms, slow elevators, street noise, and other things about Manhattan drive me to try and find a hotel either in Brooklyn or Jersey City. This hotel has become a new favourite hotel to stay in.

We came across this Marriott as a result of a Priceline bid. Upon arrival, we knew we had found a hidden gem. First off, the lobby area is HUGE. The check in process on the second floor lobby was speedy. We were asked if we would have liked one or two beds in our room. Our king-sized bed in our room did not take up all the floor space, and we found the entire room to be spacious. After spending four days in a midtown Hampton Inn where the rooms were the size of a postage stamp, this was very refreshing, There was a lounging chair, a full desk, a mini-fridge, and a fully equiped washroom.

The location of the hotel was perfect. It was not a long commute into Manhattan, as several subway lines and stations are nearby. The closest station was the Jay Street-Metrotech station, which is located right behind the hotel. That station offered the A,C,F, and R lines, Not far away was the Borough Hall station. The hotel was also very accessible by cabs, and it was not that long or expensive a ride into and out of Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge.

The staff was wonderful to deal with. The frontmen were helpful in directing you in the right direction and hailing cabs. Front desk staff were wonderful when our airline failed to transfer our bags to our connecting flight in time. Housekeeping kept the room clean and well stocked.

We will make it a point of trying to stay here when visiting Manhattan going forward!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn, NY and I was very impressed. Not only by the nice accomodating rooms, location, but also the great service provided during my business trip. Front desk staff was very helpful and accomodating, particularly, Candis, the front desk host. During my stay there I encounter a wardrobe mishap, when my necklace broke and it was a big part of my outfit. This occurred 15 minutes prior to my departure for a meeting in Brooklyn. I called to ask for tools to help fix, however, they directed me to the front desk. I let Candis know my situation, as I was in panic to quickly fix. She was very calm and took the necklace and fixed if immediately for me. This is something that made a big impression on me on customer service, as she took the time to help me, although the request was a little atypical. It's the little things that go a long way. Will be staying there again in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge? Share your experiences!