“BE AWARE” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“BE AWARE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After staying at this hotel for 2 weeks , I would say that it is a good hotel for a short business stay .
My business was over a longer period and although not wearing the usual business attire as I spend a lot of time in training kit due to my business , I would say that the staff look down there nose at you .
I felt this from the moment I checked in to visiting the breakfast area etc .
I would also point out that since returning my debit card has had significant charges added to it totalling over $5500 , all being incorrect .
I have found the sevice to be poor in sorting out my refund and I would advise customers not to leave their card with the front desk as people cannot be trusted at the hotel .
I am dissapointed at the response from the hotel over this matter
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CARD DETAILS with the front desk

Room Tip: Higher rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HanoverMarriott, Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello,

My name is John and I'm the Director of Operations at the Brooklyn Marriott. Thank you for sharing your experience and please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced.

We always look to meet and exceed our guest expectations. If possible, I would like to speak with you to address the issues experienced and offer a satisfactory resolution.

I can be reached at 718-246-6502.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After spending 3 nights in Manhattan, we decided to spread our wings to Brooklyn and we were so glad we did. The Marriot was right in the heart of Brooklyn, a close walk to Brooklyn Heights and to the famous Junior's Diner, with a subway station around the corner. We found the Marriot's staff to be courteous, extremely helpful and efficient. We didn't get time to use the gym and we didn't have breakfast in the hotel so we can't comment but we loved the touch of complimentary hot chocolate and home baked cookies as we came back to the hotel after our evening out. The valet organised a driver to JFK for us at a flat rate of $50 where we would have surely paid more in a yellow cab. Overall a great experience and good, efficient, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge ... we had 1207 on the 12th floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jamesville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Because I live in Central New York, and since 1988 have been on various NY State commissions by appointment of each of the last five governors of NY, I have traveled to NYC a great many times and have stayed in dozen of hotels, ranging from the upper west side through midtown to lower Manhattan.

My favorite now is the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott on Adams street. Like others in the industry, it’s been through some hard times. The fitness center is a fraction of what it was, and the main restaurant no longer serves dinner, but only lunch. No matter. It is extremely well run, and shows a reliably strong commitment to high quality service in all ways.

Having stayed there many times, I’ve encountered a variety of problems – having to do with keys, reservations, room assignments, room fixtures, and more. What is so gratifying is the immediate and effective commitment to avoid defensiveness or excuses, and to get the problem fixed – fast and well.

I am not a major customer. I typically get a deeply discounted government rate. I don’t stay for more than two or three days at a time. I don’t hold major events there, or bring in groups. But I am treated as if the fate of the hotel depended on how well they care for me.

Recently I needed to extend my stay by one night, but the hotel was full. This was a problem for me, not for the hotel. Yet the general manager took this on personally, and saw to it that swift and suitable arrangements were made for me to transfer to another Marriott. I was deeply appreciative. And on the subsequent visit, when he saw me he greeted me by name and expressed HIS appreciation for my loyalty!

I’m not a celebrity, and would not aspire to be one. But at that place, feeling like a pampered celebrity is not so bad at all.

Room Tip: Greater distance from elevators for quieter rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our three night stay wes top notch! The service professionals were fantastic and helpful in every way. The location can't be beat, many train stations, restaurants, and shopping within walking distance. Room 7004 was very clean, comfortable, and had a Great view! Please take time to walk the pedestrian path on the Brooklyn Bridge... Fantastic night city view, one of the highlights of our trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days at a conference. The front desk team were very professional and Jeffrey was especially helpful and provided great assistance. He remembered the guest name and took of several special requests quickly and without question. Room was excellent - great views. Nick as part of the valet group was also very helpful with taxis and limos. My experience at the hotel was excellent and made better by these two and the rest of the group.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner - great views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Good Day, On behalf of the entire hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor and pointing out the wonderful service you received from Jeffrey & Nick. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to see that your stay was excellent. We look forward to being your host hotel again the near future. Best regards, Sam Ibrahim, GM
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

we only spent 1 night but wish we had more time. we were given a corner suite w/ an outdoor balcony over looking the Verazano bridge, Brooklyn, & lower Manhattan. From the sofa in the living room we also had a great view. The bed was very comfortable & the bedding was soft. We asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation since the one we had wanted to go to, River cafe(rated #1 in Brooklyn by TripAdvisor) was closed due to storm damage. Wanda, the concierge, w/o a moments thought was on the phone to Queen for a 7:30 reservation which was honored on time ( see review Queen restaurant). The room rate was half of New York City & was a large room

Room Tip: join Marriott rewards for room upgrades
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandello del Lario, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a convention, perfect location well served by the Metro to reach downtown. The hotel room are clean but basic for the category. My room 393 was very conveniently located, but I have been told that a few other rooms are quite noisy. No free wi-fy in the rooms is a shame

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge? Share your experiences!