“Excellent rooms and First class management” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best of NYC Package
Ranked #10 of 50 hotels in Brooklyn
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent rooms and First class management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travel for business and I have been staying at the Marriott by the Brooklyn Bridge since Jan-2012. This hotel exemplifies Marriott's exemplary service and super dedicated client service. From the minute I check in to the minute I check out, everyone always says hello, smiles . It truly feels like home!!! I have been very impressed by all the available services, the rooms are very spacious and clean, and the food is really great! Special kudos to the property's General Manager - Sam Ibrahim - who I have the great pleasure to know personally. Sam has the pulse on eveything that goes on and he trully makes this property run like a well oiled machine!! Congrats!

Room Tip: Treat the hotel's staff as you'd expect to be treated. They will not dissapoint you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family stayed at the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge for four days in October. The reason for our trip was my brother's wedding. I selected the hotel in large part based on its location and other reviews I had read of Brooklyn hotels.

It is more expensive than most hotels I use, but because it was a special occasion, I was willing to spend a bit more. Also, I wanted my kids' first experience in NYC to be a positive one.

The hotel is in an excellent location. I felt very safe there, and went out several times late at night. It is an easy 5 minute walk to Montague street and the trendy Brooklyn Heights neighborhood, where there are lots of restaurants and bars.

The hotel was very quiet. We were on the 15th floor, and we could not hear the traffic below, or neighbors in other rooms.

I was expecting a tiny room, but was pleasantly surprised that it was not unusually small. It was nicely appointed. Our room had a view of the Manhattan Bridge, which was an upgrade. My sister's room was adjoining ours, and she had a better view of the Manhattan Bridge and also the statue of Liberty.

We used the concierge to book a bus tour and help us locate a church on Sunday. She was extremely helpful and provided a lot of local knowledge. However, be warned, the hotel charges a hefty fee for the concierge bookings, so you may want to make your own reservations.

We used cabs and hired cars near the lobby on several occasions. There was never a problem getting a car. We were always able to just walk down and jump in a car.

I used the gym once. The gym is very good compared with most hotels. There were lots of cardio machines, and when I was there I could have chosen any type of machine I wanted. I believe there were lots of weights & strength training machines, too, but I didn't have time to take advantage of those.

When we returned late on Friday and Saturday evening, there was a guard in the lobby who verified that we were hotel guests (by checking our key) before allowing us to take the elevator. Also, I saw a guard walking the hotel on the room floor and in the gym. The guard was always cordial, and this seems like a prudent measure.

My only (small) complaint was regarding consistency. The lobby bar acts as a cafe in the morning, serving coffee and pastries, but only on weekdays. On weekends, it is closed. However, the hotel restaurant had complementary coffee available, which I drank in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was with 11 pupils and another member of teaching staff For a competition in New York. We ended up being stranded in New York after hurricane sandy meant are flight was cancelled. The hotel ensured we got rooms for all of us to stay in and helped us to rearrange all our travel arrangements. There is a bar area (with Starbucks coffee), a restaurant and a large lobby area with free wifi. There is also a swimming pool, spa and fitness suite. The hotel really looked after us for the extra week we were stuck in New York! Location wise it is very good, within easy walking distance to Brooklyn bridge, ground zero etc, it is also a short taxi ride to 5th avenue and time square. There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops, as well as shops in the local area which made it easy to find things to do. I would definitely stay here again and can't praise he hotel staff enough for all their help.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, it was a typical chain hotel experience. Desk staff were mechanical but pleasant and the room was clean and quiet. Nothing to rave about but can't complain about anything either.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Other than my GPS routing me down a dead end street (trouble finding the front entrance)...we had a great family stay here. The bellman helping us was very nice. Easy check in, rooms were spacious and comfortable. The gym/pool were awesome here and we used them. The room had a mini fridge and coffee maker. We did not eat at the hotel as i wasn't paying a ridiculous amount for a NY breakfast. Instead i walked just a few short steps from the hotel over to Panera Bread and brought back some bagels and cream cheese for the family. We did not have time to go to Manhattan but it seemed like it would be an easy hop from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Located just 1/2 a mile from the Brooklyn bridge
This hotel is everything the Marriott hotels are all about
Clean nice and perfect for business or pleasure .
Rooms are big and comfortable some have a view of the city
Mostly high floors . The location is near subways that u can get everywhere in the city easily .

• Stayed October 2012
Madison, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in Brooklyn so my wife could attend the Barbara Streisand concert at the new Barclay's Center. There are not a lot of good hotels to choose from and the Marriott also offered a great location- just a quick walk to the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan. That said, when we arrived after a long flight from San Francisco, the bar although "open" was really closed prior to its 12am closing time. New York maybe the city that never sleeps but that does not apply in Brooklyn. That fact, coupled with the snarly service - a blunt "we're closed" left a less than favorable impression.
The concierge also messed up our dinner reservations, although part of it was my fault, they still messed up and were of little help.
On the plus side besides location is the large size rooms, excellent health club/spa services and a professional staff, bar service aside. So I'd probably stay there again just by default, at least until Hilton opens something better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge? Share your experiences!