We stayed in Brooklyn so my wife could attend the Barbara Streisand concert at the new Barclay's Center. There are not a lot of good hotels to choose from and the Marriott also offered a great location- just a quick walk to the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan. That said, when we arrived after a long flight from San Francisco, the bar although "open" was really closed prior to its 12am closing time. New York maybe the city that never sleeps but that does not apply in Brooklyn. That fact, coupled with the snarly service - a blunt "we're closed" left a less than favorable impression.
The concierge also messed up our dinner reservations, although part of it was my fault, they still messed up and were of little help.
On the plus side besides location is the large size rooms, excellent health club/spa services and a professional staff, bar service aside. So I'd probably stay there again just by default, at least until Hilton opens something better.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott New York At The Brooklyn Bridge Hotel Brooklyn
- Marriott New York At The Brooklyn Bridge Hotel
- Marriott Brooklyn
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott Brooklyn Bridge
- Marriott New York
- Brooklyn Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is an ideal choice among Brooklyn, NY hotels for business or leisure travel. The hotel's luxurious accommodations boast a relaxed but modern atmosphere with state-of-the-art amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Venere, Orbitz, Hotwire, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Marriott New York at the Brooklyn Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.