“We are Americans - had a wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,475 of 4,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Korean
Bayonne, New Jersey
“We are Americans - had a wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

PROS: Very tasty food - the variety of taste stimulates every part of your brain making it an awesome experience; relaxed environment and we never felt rushed - felt like we were eating from our kitchen table

Price range: Expect to pay about $20 - $25 per person.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

brooklyn
“best korean restaurant in new york”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Now this place is one of the best spots for me and my family. It all started one late spring early summer evening. The wife and I decided to give this place a try. We walk in and we sat down we ordered a pitcher of HITE and then they start bringing out little dishes of KimChee,some other veggies,just really nice stuff. We ordered a few selections of meat to be cooked on the table grill the end result was amazing. So next time we brought the whole family and they became addicted, they turned their friends on to KimChee and people we knew started asking if we had been to KimChee? The owner is great and his parents I believe are just as inviting. The weekends can be a bit of a madhouse though so we try to go before the rush. I dont care if people say the food is not authentic or not up to their standard. I had real Korean food in Korea and I thought I had food poisoning so my experiences at KimChee have been good. Thank GOD!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Worst Korean food I have ever eaten!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Yesterday, we went to this place to celebrate mother's day in advance. This is the worst food I've ever eaten. For those who gave higher ratings to this one, I believe that they did not try other Korean restaurants before. Even the one in H-mart food court is much better than here. The BBQ is cheap, not the price, but the quality and quantity. I will not recommend anyone going this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
brooklyn, ny
“Good korean place in brooklyn, ny”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I think this is the only korean restaurant in brooklyn so we went to try it out. The bbq is good with the marinated beef and chicken and it comes with these little sides which are good as well. The soups are very tasty but yet light. I go there occasionally with my hubby. It does get a little busy in the weekends and it's a very small place so go early or during the weekdays if you can!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I shared the bulgogi hot...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I shared the bulgogi hot stone bi bim bop and jap chae. I was very disappointed with it. The bi bim bop had a very pungent taste (not sure if it's from the vegetable) and the jap chae was just mediocre. I didn't have the bbq, so i can't comment on it. I prefer Li Hua in Chinatown for these 2 dishes.