“Excellent food and hangout spot” 4 of 5 stars

(718) 833-7788
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fushimi Japanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,193 of 4,604 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 93rd and 94th
Transit: Bay Ridge - 95 St (R) 86 St (R)
New York City, New York
“Excellent food and hangout spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went on a Saturday night to have drinks. The place is divided into two after hours. I am not sure if they do this every night, but on Saturday, the bar area is cleared of all tables and chairs to make it a lounge area. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but it get really overcrowded.

The decor is beautiful. The had an excellent DJ. The only bad thing is the drinks, it is very weak and not cheap.

At around 1AM, we went into the back, to sit down for some food and was told that they only serve sushi rolls and appetizers as the entre chef left for the night. We order several rolls and some appetizers and it was excellent.

I would definitely go there again for the food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Washington, New York
“Great Mango Sangrias”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love the place on Driggs Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. The music was very eclectic overhead, as I sipped on my Mango Sangrias (delish)!! The place is big, and very colorful. The food looks awesome as well. I didn't get a chance to eat, but will be back to do so.

• Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“GREAT HAPPY HOUR....FOOD NOT SO MUCH!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

To start this review off on a positive note, they have an amazing Thursday night happy hour. Ladies drink for $3.00 from 5pm-close and everything is included. GREAT DEAL!! I would also like to give a thumbs up to the ambiance and the restaurant's decor. The restaurant's lighting really set the mood for the entire dining experience.

O.k., now for the negative. Our server was a jerk with no personality. It would have been nice if he smiled a little bit more rather than looking like he didn't want to wait on us. The next part of my review is about the food. I ordered the salmon teriyaki. They gave me this huge plate with a piece of salmon and a few scraps of vegetables. I'm happy I ordered a side dish of asparagus. I have ordered this dish from similar restaurants in the neighborhood and I have always been satisfied because the portion size was just right and it included a lot of vegetables to compliment the dish. Plus, it took the server more than five minutes to bring the rice out to accompany the salmon, and by that time, my food was cold.

I will continue coming back to enjoy their happy hour, but I will spend my money elsewhere on dinner.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Staten Island, New York
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've been to Fushimi a few times. The menu isn't overly extensive but they do offer something for everyone (steak, chicken, fish, sushi). The decor is very chic and the dim lighting adds to the appeal. Fully stocked bar if you're in the mood for an "adult" beverage. Food is ALWAYS EXCELLENT I've never had a bad meal there. Wait staff is very attentive and friendly.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

great sushi...probably the best in that neighborhood

Visited February 2011