“Woderful Sunday breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #395 of 4,108 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alchemy Restaurant & Tavern is a friendly neighborhood pub in Brooklyn serving delicious new American cuisine, local draft beers, and crafted cocktails. Come to us for a low-key dinner and casual hang out with dishes like our Gorgonzola walnut ravioli, the house made veggie burger, or our classic Alchemy fish and chips. We offer a weekend brunch with entrees created using organic eggs from Lancaster County and organic fair trade coffee from Counter Culture Coffee. Try our eggs Benedict, the huevos rancheros, or our famous chorizo eggs with jalapeno grits. Our cozy restaurant has indoor dining with TVs by the bar and a large projector screen for special events. We also have a private back patio for you to enjoy those gorgeous Brooklyn days and nights with a group of friends, family, or your special someone. Your complete satisfaction is our top priority here at Alchemy. The dark wood, refurbished antique bar, exposed brick, & friendly service combine to create a welcome atmosphere where you can enjoy anything from a relaxed pint to a four course meal.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Woderful Sunday breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good food cute atmosphere in great neighborhood. Traditional options as well as tofu or soy alternatives.

Visited January 2012

Dunedin, Florida
“Cozy, Friendly with Solid Gastropub Comfort Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

As you walk in, there's a lovely bar on your left and several booths that are perfect for parties of up to four people. In the second half of the restaurant there are several long family-style dining tables.
Summers are the best when you can sit outside in the large garden (always at a premium in Park Slope).
There are daily specials until 6 PM with small burgers, mussels, etc -- all dirt cheap. Regular fare is seasonal with delicious burgers, an a-okay quarter chicken with gravy and fresh sole with a light lemony sauce and plenty of capers.
It's not the kind of restaurant you'd travel to, but if you're in the 'hood, it's a perfect place for a solid meal and great microbrews.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Around the block from where I live, I find myself at Alchemy more often than not. They have a great tasty brunch menu...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Around the block from where I live, I find myself at Alchemy more often than not. They have a great tasty brunch menu and a good lunch deal (free beer with your meal). The burgers are excellent and the mac and cheese is scrumptious! yum. They have a great back yard and during fine weather, it's just the place to be. The service is a little slow in the backyard but I've had no problems inside. I used to love their Guinness bread pudding but I think they've changed it a bit and now it's got some gooey caramel thing on it that puts it too over the top for me. But then again, I'm not a sweets-person. There kitchen is open later than most so I'm happy to come here before last call and get my grub on.