“Very enjoyable Brooklyn restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Singapore
“Very enjoyable Brooklyn restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stumbled upon this while walking around Brooklyn in the summer heat. It was like a little oasis in the desert. Small tavern-style restaurant with a straight to the point menu which changes daily. The duck liver pate was awesome and oysters were super fresh. The brick chicken was so good, crisp skin and tender meat although it was a little uncooked in the middle. The staff gave us a pie on the house which we demolished in no time. I would return again and recommend this fantastic place to anyone.

• Visited July 2012

Belgium
“Fabulous breakfast in Williamsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had breakfast here three times during our recent stay in Williamsburg as it was within walking distance from the apartment where we were staying.

First of all, the staff at this place is genuinely friendly, which I always find a major plus. The place looks and feels very cool as well, without being too much of a hipster's spot.

I didn't care very much for their croissants (chocolate and almond), but all the rest of the food was just heaven: yoghurt with granola and fresh fruit, bread pudding, scones with rhubarb and vanilla, poached eggs.

It was also one of the few places were I managed to get a decent green tea.

We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
Oslox2
“Best local experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

In Williamsburg where everything is "local" and "organic", it doesn't necessarily mean it's good. But this restaurant proves worthy of every "yammmm" adjective I know. We had oysters to start, all super fresh and delicious, then the porgy and the duck breast. Amazing brussel sprots on the sides. Everything on the plate shines from great produce quality. And the home made buttermilk ice cream to finish of the perfect dinner was just to die for!
They don't take reservations, so calculate 30 minutes with an aperetif at the bar while you wait.

• Visited April 2013
Pugwash, Canada
“A delightful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We finally crossed over to Brooklyn to try this spot out. We had dinner here with 3 other friends. It's not a big restaurant and I would suggest you go early as it fills up quickly.
The food was well prepared, the oysters (for appetizers) we Delicious, and the main course was well presented and tasty.
I was expecting more of a beef/pork selection recognizing the butcher shop next door supplies the main ingredients for the menu. The menu's main course was a selection of three dishes (Chicken, fish, duck).
All in all it was a good experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Egg Sammy on Another Level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The perfect start to a long winter's day! We kept it simple and all three of us ordered the bacon egg and cheese on a homemade biscuit- and we spent the rest of our holiday vacation trying to duplicate it at home. I don't even know what kind of cheese it was but it was perfect. The biscuit was warm and crumbly and messy, and I was happy to make an adventure out of it. I almost ordered a second, but we decided to have a few of their breakfast cocktails instead. They have another shop up the road, Marlow & Daughters, selling fresh fruit and vegetables. They were selling tote bags with their logo on them, and right about now I am kicking myself for not grabbing one! I will be back.

• Visited December 2012