“My favorite NYC restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Healthy, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
New York City, New York
“My favorite NYC restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have one huge rule for dining out. That rule is.,, To have a great dining experience the food must ALWAYS taste BETTER than the restaurant looks. This is not a slam on their look but a praise of just how epically awesome their food is here.
Whenever I have guests, this place is a must. All of my guests immediately fall in love with everything about it. But mainly it's the food. The food is everything here. I'd happily sit on the floor just to eat their breakfast burger. The dinner burger is just as epic.
The wait staff are the most hospitable staff in the city. I adore them all.
Some nights the wait can be up to 45 minutes but the foods always worth it and we just go downstairs and drink until we're called.
I'm addicted to this place. It's simply some of the best comfort food in the city. Actually, it's THE best!

maine
“excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Delicious, carefully invented fresh food. really lovely meal enjoyed by all! Gnudi to die for!!!!!!!

Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Perfect destination in the now trendy Bushwick. My son took me here while I was in town and I look forward to coming back. Great service and even better food. I was impressed by the knowledgable waitress informing us which farms provided the protein. Thanks North East Kingdom!

“Needs work on the presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I got a feeling that they don't care about the restaurant's presentation.

I arrived 5 mins before six pm and the lady told me to come back after 6pm. I don't understand why I need to wait outside in the cold for 5 extra minutes.

normally I don't care about utensils but I think it matters here. The fork that they give me to use to eat the duck feels like that it was made of plastic. A couple of times I couldn't cut the meat to eat my food.

The duck was also weird. It took them longer than expexted. I am used to bloody tender meat but one of the duck pieces was the bloodiest meat ever. And I lived in France so I know bloody tender meat. I couldn't even cut it. This cutting goes back to bad cutlery and really raw meat. Also I wasn't fan of the fact that the meat wad cold while the risotto was really warm. It just seems that they could keep the meat warm while they took their time to warm the risotto.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Super Locavore Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We REALLY enjoyed dinner here. There were 7 of us and it was busy but no one hurried us and the service was fine. The food is excellent and very creative--super fresh and pretty healthy. And right in the middle of Bushwick, Brooklyn! Who would have thought!

Visited August 2013