“great value for nyc” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Brooklyn - Downtown

You added Comfort Inn Brooklyn - Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Brooklyn - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   279 Butler Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217 (Formerly Comfort Inn Brooklyn Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Ashby, Massachusetts
“great value for nyc”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Yes, it is in Brooklyn, and much closer to the Barclay Center than the Brooklyn Bridge. But the room was tidy (small but quite sufficient, had 2 double beds); the breakfast fine; the wi-fi free and excellent (unlike many of the fancy NY hotels), the price remarkable for nyc. Also, it is a short walk to the Atlantic Center, where you can catch multiple subways (at least 8-10 lines stop there) and the Long Island RR. Staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were going to the Brooklyn Nets game and wanted to have the full experience by staying in Brooklyn and soaking up every moment. Finding the right priced hotel is very difficult and the Comfort Inn had us covered. The staff was incredibly helpful and had our room ready for us right away. Walking distance from the Barclays center was incredible and they are so close to some great bars and restaurants. You can never say no to a great BBQ place, Dinos BBQ was amazing.

All in all it was a great hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was on a business/personal trip and stayed at this hotel. I often stay at Comfort Inns a lot for work and this is a good deal, especially since the location is great if you need to spend time in Brooklyn and Manhattan. My room was clean and had comfortable furniture. The manager, Terrance, was able to recommend some nice local restaurants and the best ways to get around between my meetings. I will stay at the hotel again the next time I am in Brooklyn.

Bergamo, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The overall quality is more or less in line with the price.
Easy to reach, as the subway stations of Atlantic Av. and Union st. are not far.
We got no problems when walking back from the station to the hotel even in late night.
Breakfast was ok, but the breakfast room is quite small and usually you have to wait for the other guests to leave the table.
Rooms, too, are quite small compared to what I knew from my past experiences as the american standard.
Cleanliness is not the top priority of the hotel: we stayed 9 nights, and 3 times, when coming back in the evening, I had to ask for the replacement of the towels which were dirty and stained.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Not recognised as a Choice Privileges Member, this is how our 4 night stay was marred by the location of the room being directly behind the busy lift (which was noisy ALL NIGHTS x4). Only 2 towels for 4 of us for 2 nights after asking on initial day. No top sheet between us and blood stained quilts(beds had a fitted bottom sheet with a stained quilted Doona then a flat sheet as the bedspread which I flipped to become a top sheet) on 3 rd day I phoned to say the room had not been made up, rubbish removed etc. Trey! Then arrived with ( music playing and ear plugs fitted) to lecture me on " housekeeping is finished and this is not my job! ( with attitude) by the time she returned with A garbage bag I had made up 2 beds myself! We were not able to sit in the overcrowded breakfast room any of the 4 mornings due to only 30 seats for hundreds of guests. Rooms small and no ample storage/ space. Manager Terence Carpenter rude and disinterested in customer concerns and hung up the phone on me when describing my experience. Do Not Stay Here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brandon W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Brooklyn - Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that your experience didn't live up the expectation laid out in front of you. We are hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to show you what you the type of service we normally provide; evident by the other surveys listed.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My name is Danielle Perry and I stayed at Comfort inn so long it was was like I lived there, because I was and am homeless with my 3 children.. I went througha very rough breakup and the entire staff was very comforting. whether it was a smile, a hello, or even asking me how am I feeling and reminding me to be positive and have faith. There are no words that can truly describe my stay except awesome and amazing staff ,who treat eachother like family,something that is so rare and so beautiful to see.. I would like to thank Terrance,Kevin,Sapphire,Stiman, Ivanna, wayne ,and all the housekeepers, maintenance.. My Family and I thank you from the botom of our hearts for making our stay the warmest stay we have ever had at any hotel.. From sun up till sun down the staff is hard at work ,never resting to make their customers feel comfortable. I once had a clog in my toilet at 2 am and they came immediately and unclogged it, I call that damn good service it doesn't get any better then that.. So If you want super clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, friendly, warm and caring staff This is the comfort inn of all comfort inns ,no other hotel has what this one has... look no further I promise you will leave with an experience of a lifetime.. God bless you all, sorry if I mispelled anyones names.. Take care I will be back to rest my head again someday.. Thank you again for everything..

• Stayed April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

my husband and I found the hotel on a travel site and went by its reviews. We were so happy that we did. The service that we received was above and beyond I have received in a long time. Sapphire Chelsea and Stein we're all so helpful and friendly but we will definitely be back again. Thanks again for the great stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Brooklyn - Downtown? Share your experiences!