“I’d live here if I could.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10% Off Your Stay
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Brooklyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“I’d live here if I could.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

The entirety of Hotel Le Bleu’s design aesthetic was chic, sophisticated and Fun. I was instantly enamored by the glass shower.

My bed was luxuriously comfortable and extra special b/c of the blue lit headboard. The room itself was the perfect size -airy yet cozy. Small details made me feel right at home - an ipod port, huge flat screen tv (that I could watch while in my favorite shower ever), comphy robes, a beautiful sink, fridge, and a gift basket (including my favorite flavour of kettle chips). My only regret is not taking advantage of the balcony b/c of cold weather.

Hotel service was fast and courteous. The staff was accommodating and genuinely friendly (also, I was greeted by name during my comings and goings, which I’ve never experienced before at a hotel.) The street wasn’t fancy, but it didn’t matter because the location was perfectly convenient. The subway was very close & the heart of Park Slope was a short skip away as well.

In short, highly recommended! I’m really looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

New, modern, comfortable property centrally located right outside of downtown Brooklyn.

Great value for the price, definitely will stay again when NY.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I spent one night here while visiting NY for some meetings. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nicely appointed and offer bathrobes and a nice welcome basket, but one doesn't get the sense the building is high quality construction. Its a narrow building so the rooms on each floor are very close to the elevator. When people get out of the elevator and are talking in the hall, it sounds like they are right in your room. There are big flat screen t.v.s on the wall of the rooms but the walls are made of something just slighty heftier than rice paper so when your neighbor turns on the t.v. or the stereo, you get to hear everything. Not so fun at midnight when you've got a meeting the next morning. To their credit, when I called reception to complain about the noise late at night, they took care of it, but I don't think a hotel with paper walls should cost this much money. Staff also was handy with bringing up a razor and shave cream in the morning when I requested it, so they get points for being responsive. But I wouldn't stay here again if I wanted to have a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

My wife and I have now stayed at Hotel le Bleu more than half a dozen times. It has been perfect for us, because we have reason to be in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn where the hotel is located, and often drive there, so the easy access parking right in front of the hotel is very helpful. Rooms are not big, but they are well equipped and attractive in a hip style. The service has been terrific, very friendly and responsive. It's located on a busy, not particularly pretty, commercial avenue, but inside it's quiet, with many rooms having views of the lower Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty. The recent addition of a restaurant is a plus. I wish it had a fitness center, although there is availability listed of a nearby facility (I've tended to run in Prospect Park, about a half mile away).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Hotel LeBleu is great place to stay. Rooms are very comfortable. Restaurant is good. View of Manhattan is one of the best I have seen. But the staff is what makes this a great place to stay. They get to know you personally. Angel is excellent!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

I looked for a hotel in the neighborhood where my niece lives so that we could easily meet up. Brooklyn doesn't have that many hotels and I'm not a B&B type person so Hotel Le Bleu turned out to be the right hotel for me. It has large comfortable beds with goose down comforters, a large screen plasma TV, WiFi, a safe, and lots of other amenities. A breakfast bar is included in the room rate and there is a nice welcoming basket of cookies, water, and chips. Just one block over on 5th Avenue are tons of restaurants and shops and the hotel itself has a restaurant and bar. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the young staff. Definitely will stay here on my subsequent trips to New York..

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Hotel Le Bleu is a contemporary boutique inn with an attentive staff. I rarely left or entered the building without being greeted by name.

At first glance the location doesn’t look inviting. The hotel is on a major street next to a taxi dispatch, a U-Haul center, and Staples. But just a block east to 5th Ave. and you will find many interesting shops and restaurants. A subway station is 3 blocks SE.

The room was nicely appointed with a well lighted desk and room for my laptop (wireless or wired Internet is included). The night stands had variable lighting lamps. An array of entertainment options included a hi-def flat screen TV connected to DirecTV and a Bose sound system for DVDs and CDs. The desk has a clock radio with an iPod dock.

Bathroom privacy may be a minor downside for some. The facilities are part of the bedroom rather than a separate space. A clear glass box encloses the shower, so you are visible to anyone in the room. The commode has a little privacy with a frosted sliding glass door.

A rooftop club is open on weekends. I could clearly hear music from several blocks away as I approached the hotel. Once in my room, however, I couldn’t hear any music or party noise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Le Bleu? Share your experiences!