“I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Le Bleu” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Brooklyn
Baton Rouge, LA
“I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Le Bleu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

The hotel stay was great. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and quiet. I liked the security provided (the floors with rooms can be assessed with valid room key only). The bed was extremely comfortable.). The restaurant on the top floor had good and fast service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

As a frquent business traveller to NYC, I always stay midtown Manhattan. However, this trip was UN General Assembly week and every hotel was booked. I'd heard about how charming Park Slope is and decided that would be a better experience than staying in NJ or by the airport!
Indeed, the hotel is beautiful, spacious, quiet with great ammenities: great bed, free internet and direct TV, gracious staff. The street the hotel is on seems a little "iffy" but one block over is the SOHO of Brooklyn. Great restaurants and great boutique shopping -for the most part at better prices than Manhattan. And you get to feel like your part of the neighborhood instead of a tourist.
The photos on their website are accurate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Northern New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Our experience staying at Hotel Le Bleu on August 7th, 2009.We were attending a wedding on the night of August 7th, 2009. Since it would be a late evening, we decided it would be best to stay overnight and take in the sights in Park Slope and to go into the city to see a show. I called the management at the Grand Prospect Hall where the wedding was to take place and asked for their recommendation and they suggested this hotel. I had also thought that Hotel Le Jolie would be another choice.

The wedding started ar 6:30 PM, so we decided to wear our work clothes since we traveled from Northern New Jersey and to shower and change when we got to the hotel. We arrived at your hotel at 5:30 PM. We checked in with our reservation and was escorted by your personnel to our room. When we arrived at our room, it was both shocking and dismaying to find that the room had not been cleaned yet and maid service was just starting to strip the bed and take out the dirty towells. She said that it would be a half hour to clean the rooms and put out fresh linens and towels. We did not have the time and it is outrageous that the room was not made up at that hour.

What we ended up doing was throw on our evening clothes without so much as a towel to shower or glass to brush our teeth We tried to talk to your maid service, but she was having difficulty communicating with us. We were not happy to leave our suitcases and valuables in a room that was not made up, but we had no choice. Your porter witnessed the entire episode and did not know what to do.

It was already 6:15 by the time that we got dressed under such circumstances and it ruined our evening. Furthermore, we had no choice but to call a cab at that point since we did not have time to worry about parking. Neither of us have ever experienced a situation like this .When we got back to the hotel, we realized that the air conditioner was leaking and about five feet of the rug was soaking wet and the room was very humid. When we related the situation to the front desk the next morning, they could care less.They did not offer any compensationor apology. I E-mailed two managers when I got home and they did not have the courtesy to respond.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The location was great just a couple of blocks away on there's lots of shops an places to eat . The hotel is pretty an they make u feel so comfortable an helpful I am going back to new york in december I will say there hope you Love it like I do.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I came to Brooklyn to attend the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival. Around the corner from the venue was Le Bleu, so I took a chance (I normally stay in Manhattan). Wow - an amazing hotel, easily rivaling the W or a Westin.

The room was great - comfortable, clean, sleek, luxurious. I really appreciated being able to plug in my iPod into the great audio system. Plenty of quality towels, nice linens.

Checking in was super-smooth, checkout a breeze, staff polite and helpful.

The only criticism I'd offer is that when standing in the hall-way, I could hear pretty clearly the TV in one of the guest rooms. It was on pretty loud, but it didn't feel very muffled. I don't know if that's because the door had a gap at the bottom, or walls were not as soundproof as they should be.

Brooklyn. NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We live close by and suggested this hotel to our in-laws when they came to visit. They stayed here for 5 nights in August and could not get a good night's sleep because, as of summer 2009, a loud night club has opened on the roof. The music was loud, the bass made the shower door vibrate in our in-law's room, and the large inconsiderate crowds streaming into and out of the hotel made a lot of noise. The d.j. got on the microphone and periodically yelled, "Everybody scream!" And they did. It was loudest between 2 and 3 a.m. We know because we live close by and could hear it from our apartment (inside with the windows shut) as well.

My in-laws started out in a room two floors below the club. They couldn't sleep at all the first night from the music and the vibrating bass that made the shower door in their room rattle. (BTW, when they arrived, the front desk "upgraded" them to this room. When they tried to switch at 1:00 am there was nothing available.) They were moved to the 4th floor the next morning. Fortunately that night it rained so no rooftop dance club. The next night however they could still hear the music from the club and some of the clubbers decided to rent a room on the 4th floor and party all night on the balcony. And someone pulled the fire alarm at 1am. Chaos. No sleep. The guests were all talking to each other the next day, saying, "Can you BELIEVE this?"

At first the manager offered my in-laws a $75 gift certificate to the restaurant, which is owned by the same people running the bar. My father-in-law persisted and got 2 of his nights free. They will not be staying there again and we will obviously not be recommending it our future out-of-town guests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it always exceeds my expectations. It is always extremely clean, and since the rooms are primarily white, any dirt would be noticeable. The lobby staff are extremely friendly and always willing to help, either with directions, recommendations or simply calling a car service. The hotel is also conveniently located on 4th Ave to the subway. A continental breakfast is set out every morning and is very good with a variety of choices. I will be a repeat customer every time I return to Park Slope. There are few hotels in the Park Slope area and certainly none as comfortable, clean or conventient as Hotel LeBleu.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Le Bleu? Share your experiences!