“Boutique-a-licious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Brooklyn
Los Angeles
“Boutique-a-licious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Sleek, modern, airy and crisp, with plenty of glass. Spacious rooms by NY standards, but if you're sharing and like your grooming privacy, it's tight. The bathroom isn't far from the side of the bed, and the shower is clear glass, which is awesome, there's a full view of the flat screen while you shower, bonus! (And external fabric curtains that could be drawn if you don't want to be on display.) I booked a king room with a terrace and 'a view." Ha! The terrace was incredibly tiny, and overlooked a U-Haul lot and auto shop which produced a symphony of air wrench sounds until it closed. Waaaay in the distance was the Manhattan skyline. I think. Not worth the extra money, although when I asked if I could downgrade, I was told that my room really was larger and nicer, so I stayed. The front desk staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly, great attitudes, one guy even sang for me. And he was good! The croissants delivered to the room in the morning were a nice buttery touch. I'd stay here again, it wasn't cheap, but nothing in that area is. For me, it was just what I wanted from a boutique hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We apologize that you were not pleased with the location of your room. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. For your next visit, contact a member of management directly. We would be happy to assist you with your accommodation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We came in late after a long flight. We were very friendly greeted by the front desk staff and a nightguard. A warm welcome is always a good first impression.
The rooms were nice, but be aware that the "bathroom" is practically a part of the hotelroom; the shower is just separated by a glass wall, so is the toilet, while the wasbasin was in a corner of the hotelroom.
The breakfast is 'box-service' delivered to the room, very basic, but to 'get you going'.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tommy, Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed there and again this time I was blown away by the kindness of the staff who were very happy to see me and to help me out in any ways they could. I was in need of a replacement phone and they called a store to make sure they were open, printed out the directions for me and even inquired if I was in need of transportation. Everything was so clean and beautiful. The robes and slippers were so nice after an early November snow storm!

• Stayed November 2012
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
We couldn't have said it better! Our repeat guest's frequent enough that they intimately know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Small Town USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed here before and would again. The continental breakfast is delivered to your room and all carbs with no juices or fruit so for me, it has a lot to be desired. 1 block away is "Bagel World" with a good menu, good prices and good coffee but limited seating. The restaurant on site is nice with good food but only open in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for five nights and we really liked it. Check-in was easy and we took the elevator up to our floor. The room was well-appointed - coffee maker, small fridge, I THINK there was a microwave, flatscreen tv, usual cable channels (including one that I swear was Australian!), robes, rack, and free wi-fi!!

The bed was a king-size as we had requested and it was very comfortable. The bathroom - sigh - read any of my other reviews and you'll know that I am fascinated by hotel bathrooms!! This one was IN the room - meaning there was no door to open and enter in - the bathroom was right there. All that separated the shower and the bedroom was a glass wall. Now granted, I really didn't mind - there was a waterproof curtain you could pull all around. The sink was next to the bedside table - but the commode??? I like my privacy when having delicate bathroom moments. This set-up made sure I didn't have any. Let's just say my boyfriend and I got closer. Ha.

Anyhoo - we enjoyed a simple breakfast each day, free and delivered to our room. We just checked off what we wanted on the card and hung it on the outside doorknob. You could have croissants, muffins, jam, cream cheese, butter, yogurt and that's about it. Enough to get you started on your day.

Staff was VERY helpful, kind, pleasant and even funny! No over-chatting, but nothing curt for you to feel a-how.

The location is fine, Park Slope, really - right next door is a yellow-cab depot, higher up a laundromat and then the subway. Across the street is a McDonalds (if you are into that sort of thing) and on 5th avenue over is some sweet clothes shopping, your usual CVS, and Brooklyn Bread Cafe (WONDERFUL for an amazing breakfast, pastries and coffee).

Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jasmine, We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We couldn't believe how friendly and helpful the staff was at Hotel le Bleu. We had some noisy band members arrive next door at 3 AM after their gig and the night clerk immediately went up to ask them to tone it down teling me they had "zero tolerance" for disturbing other guests. I over heard the morning clerk happily taking orders for breakfast over the phone at 8 AM even though guest are normally asked to hang their requests on the door before 2 AM. Nobody was waiting around for tips so we didn't even get a chance to tip people during our stay--they were come and gone so quickly. We had to tip them all in a lump sum as we left. I mean it, the staff does a great job at Hotel Le Bleu and are happy doing it. We would definitely return. By the way, the beds are out of this world--much better than at home!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Joan, Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is in a great location near Park Slope in Brooklyn. It was recommended by a fellow business associate and I am glad I took him up on it and stayed here. It is a contemporary style hotel like an "Aloft" brand hotel if that helps with a comparison. It was clean, quiet, in a great location, free continental breakfast brought to your room, and free internet and parking.

The best part about my stay was how awesome the staff was. Very welcoming and friendly during checkin, and still awesome at check out. Even before I got there, they were very helpful when I found a "web special" price AFTER I had booked at a higher per night rate. I called and they had no issues changing my reservation to the lower rate. Even after I had confirmation of my new reservation, the hotel still called me back one more time to make sure I knew I was all set once it hit their computers. That's going above and beyond to me.

If you have a car though, they do have VERY limited parking so keep that in mind. They do tell you on their site as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chris, We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. Feel free to contact the hotel directly to plan your next at Hotel Le Bleu !